YouTube Videos

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
pitrack_1

Post by pitrack_1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:00 am

Given Cliff's little scare concerning parting with his '82 Touring Wagon, by chance I'd come across a review of a 1980 version recently so went and had a quick search on youtube. The result are below and for the younger brigade, I'm going to introduce you to a new word (and horror:

Plaid!

(The oldies are either putting on the blast glasses or running for the hills as we speak; the young 'uns will never be the same again) :-)

MotorWeek | Retro Review: '82 Subaru 4WD Wagon

MotorWeek | Retro Review: '82 Subaru Brat

1983 Subaru Turbo Traction Wagon | Retro Review

And one more: a review of the 1980 Subaru Leone 4WD wagon, which is a real blast from the past for us over-40 Aussies: from about 19:30, in
Peter Wherrett's Torque, 1980 Ep 6

I really liked Peter's program as a kid and 40 years on seeing it for the first time again I really like his laid back but sharp style of commentary. His conclusion at the end is interesting: whilst he "can't see the point" of the Subaru 4WD wagon, he talks about a "hybrid" between it and the full-size 4WDs...it was ~14 years before Toyota's RAV4 first appeared and exactly where we are today with the (almost) takeover of the AWD SUV-type vehicles.

All 10 1980 episodes of Torque (but sadly no other years) are there for those who wish to trip back to their youth.
Patrick
Ex- 2010 Forester Diesel

pitrack_1

Re: YouTube Videos

Post by pitrack_1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Motorweek retro review (1985) of the USA XT Coupe and sedan

1985 Subaru XT Coupe and Sedan | Retro Review
Patrick
Ex- 2010 Forester Diesel

Return to “Open Slather”