Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Suby Spanner

Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

Post by Suby Spanner » Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 am

Hello everyone.

My first ride was a brumby, I bought from the family farm: It had 9,000km on it at the time. I think it had mid 50,000km on it when I sold it.

It was a 92 I think. It definately had air cond, not sure about power steering. It had the common little aluminium bull bar on it.

Since then, I've been Nissan powered, performance based, not off road.

At the start of the year the wife purchased a new Impreza..... and of course, now I've got a Subaru hankering.

My how things have changed: Back when I had the brumby it was all about those EA81 turbos. Now I read that the SOHC EJ's are the go. I've driven plenty of liberty's, foresters with the SOHC and I think that's a pretty smart way to go.

I've got some questions about that old brumby I had, sadly I don't have many pics.
I've checked if it's registered, it's not: But I sold it to a vineyard, which they were going to use as a yard hack, so maybe they still have it: I'm not sure how to track them down, I sold it nearly 15 years ago.

Were brumby's ever sold with power steer? I've read yes and no, but leaning toward no.
I'm positive mine had solid lifters ie. adjustable valves, is that right?

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Mon May 04, 2015 5:56 pm

I believe that Power steering was neither standard nor a dealer option in Oz Brumbies.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Tue May 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Welcome aboard Spanner! Another SA member is always good to see.

Most likely your old Brum had solid lifters, adjustable valve clearances. I've never seen one with hydraulic lifters. Is that vineyard still in business? Same address? You'd probably have to track down the person you gave the keys, see if they still remember you :rolleyes: If not plenty of Brumbies come up for sale around the place regularly if you want one, but we seem to pay absolute top dollar in this state compared to others :( Plenty of no-hope rust buckets out there as well so watch out!
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

David D

Post by David D » Tue May 05, 2015 11:08 pm

Yeah there's a few of us here in SA. We must meet up sometime....

Suby Spanner

Post by Suby Spanner » Wed May 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi henpecked, silverbullet & david.

I can't remember who I sold it to, and I've scoured all my paper work. I'm sure I had to look at my valve clearences a few times, but it was mainly spark plugs I used to go through.

I'm out north of the city.

Return to “New Members & Introductions”