1986 Brumby front sway bar

EA71, EA81 & EA82 Brakes, Wheels & suspension components
StephenMcVeagh

1986 Brumby front sway bar

Post by StephenMcVeagh » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Hi all...going over my newly acquired Brumby, and decided I would replace the 4 front sway bushes (inner and outer) as they were all looking very average. Have a question.....all I can really find is just the 2 inner bushes, and they are described as 17mm ID...all good I thought, till I go measure the sway bar fitted, and its like 22mm diameter....question is...is this ok to use the 17mm bushing?...when clamped up, the gap will be minimal I imagine?, or should I be looking for a bushing with a 22mm ID ?

Also, any idea on where I can find the 2 outer bushes?..they are more like a cotton reel I guess.

Thanks in advance!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: 1986 Brumby front sway bar

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:02 pm

G’day Mr McVeagh,

With the replacement bushes you have, they should be fine if you grease them up well with the grease provided and if you can fit the clamp without jamming it in (near impossible to fit) then it should be fine!

As for the front or outer bushes, I don’t know where you’d get those. Have you tried Nolthane or SuperPro?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

StephenMcVeagh

Re: 1986 Brumby front sway bar

Post by StephenMcVeagh » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:16 am

Thanks - have just got some fancy blue ones, that going by the measurements should fit fine, or with maybe just a bit of trimming if needed...same as for the outer ones....let you know how it all goes :-)

Return to “EA Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tyres”