Subaru Brumby tyre size with 2 inch lift

EA71, EA81 & EA82 Brakes, Wheels & suspension components
Jezza5030

Subaru Brumby tyre size with 2 inch lift

Post by Jezza5030 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:49 am

Hey guys I'm new to the forum so I apologize this has been covered in a previous post.

So I've got a 1992 Subaru Brumby and I'm putting a 2 inch body lift kit on it. I'm upgrading to 14 inch rims (instead of the stock 13 inch) and bigger tyres.

Does anyone know how big I can go with the tyres without trimming the fenders or having any scrubbing?
Apparently 27" tyres look nice but you need to do some trimming at the front to get them to fit and I'd rather avoid doing that.

Any suggestions?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Subaru Brumby tyre size with 2 inch lift

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:24 pm

G’day Jezza,

You could run a 25 or 26 inch diameter tyre on the 14 inch rims. An old mate did this with his MY wagon and it was a little beast offroad! I don’t recall any guard cutting required.

Also can’t tell you off the top of my head what the tyre size is to check out. What you want from your tyres and what’s available in the market could be the determining factor in which tyre size you end up going for.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Silverbullet

Re: Subaru Brumby tyre size with 2 inch lift

Post by Silverbullet » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:38 pm

I've got 27" Nankang A/T's on my 2" lifted wagon and they work fine although I've got a different front control arm/radius rod set up which makes the wheel further forward in the wheel arch compared to stock. I've also had the front lower section of my guards removed/chopped, the bit that hangs below the bumper/bull bar. They're Nankang FT 7, 205/75/R15 but you can get them for a 14" rim and they're a bit smaller at 26" roughly.

The main problem you'll have with stock suspension is front tyres rubbing at the back/firewall which can be fixed with a big hammer.
Oh and with the stock motor they really put a sap on performance, changes the gearing significantly. My car is a slug off the line and you feel it up hills at highway speeds and that's with the more powerful twin carb motor.

Return to “EA Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tyres”