Informazione

Engine, gearbox, diff & driveshafts
Giorgio Casiraghi

Informazione

Post by Giorgio Casiraghi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:17 am

Salve sono lieto di essere stato accettato nel vostro gruppo. sono in possesso di ana SUBARU GLF 1800 4WD del 1981
ora e' in restauro conservativo Motore / Cambio e qualche ritocco ai freni e carrozzeria.
Ho trovato quasi tutti i particolari tramite internet. sono in difficolta solo con la pompa olio che non trovo Suggerimenti??
:mmm:[img]

TOONGA
Elder Member

Re: Informazione

Post by TOONGA » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:11 pm

Giorgio Casiraghi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:17 am
Salve sono lieto di essere stato accettato nel vostro gruppo. sono in possesso di ana SUBARU GLF 1800 4WD del 1981
ora e' in restauro conservativo Motore / Cambio e qualche ritocco ai freni e carrozzeria.
Ho trovato quasi tutti i particolari tramite internet. sono in difficolta solo con la pompa olio che non trovo Suggerimenti??
:mmm:[img]
Translated and moved to the right section
Hi I am delighted to have been accepted into your group. I am in possession of ana SUBARU GLF 1800 4WD from 1981
now it is under conservative restoration Engine / Gearbox and some tweaks to the brakes and bodywork.
I found almost all the details on the internet. I'm in trouble only with the oil pump that I can't find any Suggestions ??
Giorgio welcome to the board please note that as we are in Australia we would request that you converse in English please.

As for your oil pump queries a seal kit is available from ebay Australia

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12476305973 ... SwjuZgV9IB

As for an oil pump a new one is almost impossible to find and second hand ones are available but rare.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Informazione

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:29 pm

Hello Giorgio,

If you haven’t cracked the oil pump housing removing it, a seal kit will generally solve your leaking issues.

Always remove the crank pulley before attempting to remove the oil pump - NEVER use a hammer on the oil pump, even a rubber mallet needs careful attention to avoid cracking the oil pump housing.

All the best, I’m keen to see some pics of your ‘81 GLF once you work out how to host the photos.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “EA Drivetrain”