WRX-Ute ...

Collection of automotive design / construct projects by Bantum ...
Bantum
General Member

Rain Prisk Designs ...

Post by Bantum » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Well someone has gone & done a cool version :

High Res Image : http://orig15.deviantart.net/d49b/f/201 ... 9mm22a.jpg

Will add more if I can find it ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

coxy

Post by coxy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:08 pm

WRX utes yeah I understand but why hasn't somebody done an L series Wagon ute conversion yet, Cheap basis to start and the shape of the wagon should make a useful ute with a workable tray length.

Sadly most modern cars if converted to a ute are so short in the tray it is more like reinventing the Suzuki Mighty Boy.

L series would be good practice for doing a later model Ute conversion and one could always EJ it anyhow.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:21 pm

coxy wrote:WRX utes yeah I understand but why hasn't somebody done an L series Wagon ute conversion yet, Cheap basis to start and the shape of the wagon should make a useful ute with a workable tray length.

Sadly most modern cars if converted to a ute are so short in the tray it is more like reinventing the Suzuki Mighty Boy.

L series would be good practice for doing a later model Ute conversion and one could always EJ it anyhow.
It has been done, I'm sure I've seen a pic of one (maybe from the US?) Home job, looked a bit funky though. The regular wagon doors don't really work as a ute conversion because they're so short and the window is the wrong shape at the back end.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Yeah a goldish coloured one has been done in the US.

I think what a lot of people want to see is Subaru make another attractive and practical ute from the factory. Then have a performance option with WRX and/or STi spec.

Coxy, have you seen Bantum's XV ute concept? That looks neat and with a small extension to the rear of that it'd make a practical ute I reckon. It also looks good too ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

coxy

Post by coxy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Not wrong about the XV ute concept and it seems that all the Manufacturers have forgotten just how popular things like Brumbies, Datto 1200's Chev Luvs and all the smaller name brand utes were.

Whatever happened to targetting the Younger market guys not everyone especially younger tradies wants a Faux Ute Dual cab 4WD shopping trolley like the current Hilux and all it's clones what they want is something they can use for work during the week and throw an MX bike or Mountain Bike etc in for the weekend.

Why is it we supposedly now all need some 50K behemoth 4 litre V6 gas guzzler just to run around as a Tradie during the week and as a Toy Hauler on weekends.

Proton almost got it right if they used some of the Mitsu AWD gear in the Jumbuck and bothered to sell it other than in Country Dealerships at least size wise and for the youth market price wise as well.

So come on Subaru the American Market Baja is just another Hilux clone in a Market already overcrowded and probably so competitive nobody actually makes any decent living out of selling Joe Public another Hilux Dual cab behemoth clone.

Make an XV ute Brumby Mk 3

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:54 pm

Ha - I've come to think it needs more, someone who can speak fluent Japanese & head over to Subaru's head office ( camp out if need be ) and grovel until they listen ... :p

Ciao, Bantum ...

Return to “Bantum’s Works”