Another one..., Burgundy RS

guyph_01

Another one..., Burgundy RS

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:04 am

Hi Guys,

Hey guys, So another Mauritian mate of mine came to WA from Melbourne for a new job and i convinced him to get an RS. Only thing, the company car he was given was taken back and he was told he needed to use his car. Except the RS we bought is not drivable!

Its a converted RS, thought to have a early wrx motor and a late 04-08 AWD push type gearbox, "Advice from our WA Subaru expert, the one thats now in Rockingham!:)"

The car didn't want to go in first or second, and we drove home riding the clutch as little as possible with 3,4 and 5th. The gearbox was removed and shipped to Rockingham to be revived!

Unfortunately due to the company car not available anymore, my friend decided to buy something newer, reliable and drivable. So he bought a 08 CG Lancer!!! Yep, 95g a year as first time engineer job allows you to do that i guess.

Anyway, So now the RS is waiting till i finish my exams in two week so i can put her back together and he most probably sell it....

BUT, having tasted the joy of boost, I'm pretty sure it will become mine.. MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA and i'll slowly pay him back..., eventually hehehe..

Pics....
Ouuu Ouuu, wasn't there someone on here looking for burgundy front end parts recently???? Hummmm!!!
Oh yes, as some of you noted, i upgraded from umbrella stands and stacked up batteries to actual car stands:p

The gutted beast. Twin turbo cross member! Bosch coil conversion....

Needing new oil seals!

The revived Gearbox:) Thx SUbAGuRU!!
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:52 am

guyph_01 wrote:Ouuu Ouuu, wasn't there someone on here looking for burgundy front end parts recently???? Hummmm!!!
Yes I was but all stuff located now.. Could do with a front bumper for my grey sedan though
guyph_01 wrote:The revived Gearbox:) Thx SUbAGuRU!!
No probs.. Just remember the millions you owe me ;)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 pm

After Paul worked his magic on getting the gearbox back running, I drove the car till a few days ago and its now sold....

Hummmm, Whats next??????
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Fix the ones you have
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Guyph”