Marc's GX Liberty

guyph_01

Marc's GX Liberty

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:40 am

Well this car was originally bought 4year ago for Jerome, a Mauritian friend. After a year it was sold to Aurelien who used it for about 2years and added a 2 inch lift kit and took the car to the gold coast and back. He then also left and now a friend called Marc bought it.

Shame we didn't take any pics the day my first friend bought it. After Aurelien installed the lift kit it looked like this...

After some convincing from me, Marc added a proper Bullbar, Front forester shocks and springs, Raised rear shocks and springs(Thx John) and Forester rear trailing arms and Forester Mags. We also replaced a rear wheel bearing as we thought that was the of the rattle noise at Paul's shop but turn out it was the main bearing in the gearbox. So after shopping around for a box, the cheapest we found was $400. That was too much. A week later we bought a rear smashed Lib with 100k's less on the clock for $300:) We then swapped gearbox and engine and every other good parts it had.

At the moment its nearly finished, we have to swap the interior carpet and some trims and unfortunately replace the TPS sensor as the one on the engine got ripped while moving and doing the transplant:(

Anyway this is what she looks like:)

Pic of the rear wheel with the foz trailing arm bracket.
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:19 am

Geez those libertys scrub up well with a lift and a little bit of work!

Top effort for moving the subi through your friends - each seemed to have added their own little bit to it along the way!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:18 pm

That looks sick!

The rims to real well too :cool: Just gotta add some chunky tyres :twisted:

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:35 pm

taza wrote:That looks sick!

Yep:P
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:15 pm

taza wrote:That looks sick!

Wouldn't have anything to do with them being Foz rims would it??? haha

But looking good Guyph ;)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:04 am

So 2day we got the engine back in and turned the key for the first time since we riped everything apart. Its was a simple straight swap so i expected everything to be fine BUT, It ran like shit, i mean worst than shit!!!
Could not figure out why, as both the engine and the car were running fine before we did all the swapping. Replaced, ECU, AFM, TPS, ign pack, Leads, Plugs, Cleaned plugs, checked fuel, checked injectors. Basically try the whole lot worth of 4yrs of reading and experience gathered on this forum etc and nothing, could not get it to run slightly better!!!!

Then eureka!!! spotted the problem. This lower engine that we dropped in the car had a very corroded water intake manifold pipe and Marc wanted to replace it. So i explained and he removed a much better one from a blown head 'spare' engine to replace his. Went he bolted everything back on, the intake manifold gasket had moved and he bolted it up as is leaving a huge gap with the intake ports.

Lol. Anyway took it on a test drive and its driving ok now:) We unfortunately have a faulty TPS sensor and i don't have and good one to replace it. The resistance isn't in the acceptable margin:( The check engine light doesn't come on tho but still give out the code when tested.

Working on a bash plate for it at the moment:) Pics to follow when done....

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

So My other mate, Damien, Got a bit jealous of Marc's car and decided to modify his too. This one is a Gen1 series1 AWD hi/lo manual wagon. Its got no lift kit but only the forester shocks, new raised king springs "Thx Paul:P", the rear forester lower arm bracket and forester 16inch rims with 215/65/16 on them. Also gave it a major service incl fuel,air,oil filter change, spark plugs, new leads and changed the oil in the engine and gearbox. I also made a rear wheel carrier for him and a Small white 'bird' cage. Cage is made of the alu security fly house door gates that we picked up on the verge and cut, bent to shape and pop riveted together. Strong enough to carrier light camping gear:)

Some pics. Will get more soon.

With the saggy std forester springs
Ohhh yeah the bonnet doesn't close more than that as the previous owner hit the lower rad support so hard when it was the stock high offroading that it moved up a few cm:)

With the new king springs. Its parked at an angle on the curb but you can see the diff on the back wheel:)

Bird cage and rear wheel carrier.

Man The WA crew have quite a few cars now. It would be really cool if we could all go with our 20+ cars:)

Return to “Guyph”