Boat Project

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Ok just a few more pics of the new hull i got, Basically got it so i could make one out of two or maybe get both back going. I'll keep this new 440 hull for mine as its much better and wack all the best parts on it inc the 550rred engine..

The engine it came with. Seems to be a 440 but with the 550 head.

Stripped it

And gave it a major clean:)

This is what the new hull, the 440 looks like:)

And thats what the garage looks like:)

Btw, Im looking for a 440 pump or just a gd wear ring, aftermarket 15 to 16 pitch impeller. thx
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Just a little update, Got the prop off 2day. man that was a pain!!!!! After about an hour, some hitting, bashing, heating with a propane gun, impact wrench, plenty of CRC it came out.
Now after all this struggle, should i replace the seals bearing in the holder that holds the shaft?? it doesn't really have any play or noise when rotating. Is it a pain to do?

Also decided to bolt the engine block in the ski, when to lift it by the half exhaust and carby and the part of the block with the barrels came off and the crank part stayed on the floor!!!! DUHHHH Anyway i've ordered new top and bottom copper gaskets so i'll use them once they get here. Everything looks smooth and clean and these no play in the crank, con rod or piston, all feels really tight. but thats from my amateur point of view:)

Now is it ok to leave it like that for 15 day till the parts arrive or should i spray it with something, its winter here.
When i put it all back together, should i "lightly scratch the inside of the barrels?" forgot the term this process is called??
Must i use a sealant with the coper gaskets?

This is turning out to be very fun and interesting.
I love getting my hands dirty and building cars, bikes, quads and jetski's in this case, properly until they work and are reliable:)
only thing is i wish it didn't cost as much:(
Thx
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:28 am

The hull looks to be in pretty good nick, and the shopping trolly is a very versatile piece of equipment. You are going to need another shed soon.
Hylton:twisted::evil:

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Little update.

Since i can't do much at the moment on the ski as i'm waiting to get the parts i need from the US.

I've decided to make a trailer for the ski's. Mostly with stuff laying around I've come up with this. I can use it as a double jetski trailer if i get both working or take one set of rails "half ladder" and reposition it in the center as its held on by U bolts.
I still need to work out the front winch setup, I want to have one which on something that allows it to move to all three positions, Right, center, left depending if I've got two or one ski on the trailer.
Lol its a bit of a back yard trailer but it should work:)

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:14 am

Just to update this thread,

The trailer was completed and sold with the white ski that ended up with the running engine that came from the black ski.

The black ski had its engine rebuilt and then sold too...

Looking out for the next project:)

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Looks great and good work Guyph

I have a few projects you can work on ;)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:59 pm

What's next on the cards Guyph?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."