My Touring Wagon EJ25 build, Part 2

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Hope Dave is looking at this:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Do u have a DCCD controller already ? If not I have a spare one and I also have a PWM (Pulse Width Modulator) kit that you build yourself :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:27 am

latest news,

Was driving on the freeway when i heard this light metal bang right at the front on the car, go over the bonnet and to the roof. I was Like WTF!!! didn't see a thing. Then a few sec later, Where the hell is my antenna??????any had this happen before?

The car developed a slow coolant leak again!!! luckily its coming from the thermostat seal.

Also the two front inner cv boots gave way. Unfortunately i can't find the receipts so i can know for sure how long they lasted:( ****£$g grease Everywhere!!!!
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:58 am

MMMMMMM grease ... where did the CV boots come from? they look like the universals not the "good" ones :(

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 am

I don't want to hear about any coolant leaks :rolleyes:

Looks like that boot was gone some time ago :(
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:12 am

Did that antenna regularly flap in the breeze? Looks like metal fatigue got to it being a single piece of wire, broken close to the bottom.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Did that antenna regularly flap in the breeze? Looks like metal fatigue got to it being a single piece of wire, broken close to the bottom.
Exactly right:)

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Above boot and antenna problems have been fixed and the car was 'perfect' ish....... Untill today!!!

Gotta hate when this happens!!!!!

Went to bunnings to get some suppliers etc, on the way home the fuel tank was rattling, Figured it was because of the bashing we did in Two Rocks the previous weekend. Anyway, got back home, parked the car and went to check out the rattling and found that some COK! ran into my car and drove off!!!!!

Away the rear bar is still straight apart from the arm stop that i straighten with two hits of with a hammer. The jerry can holder is another story!! Bit bent but might be able to straighten that out.

The only issue is the arm went past the stop point and 'grazed' the tailgate...

F*&K!!!!!!!!!!!

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:11 pm

Faaark! :x Absolutely hate it when people have no respect for other peoples cars, do this kind of damage and just drive off like it didn't happen. Can only hope they did some damage to their own car as well.

What's the fix then? New tail gate?
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Bunnings should have security camera's, bad luck mate, I just hope their car looks worse than yours and they die in a fire.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 pm

d_generate wrote:Bunnings should have security camera's, bad luck mate, I just hope their car looks worse than yours and they die in a fire.
Too right!

I'd go to the cop shop and report it - that way it's on their record and if the person who actually did the damage submits their own report saying you backed into them you've got in first. It'll look really suss if they've got your rego I reckon.

Still shit though :(

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:27 pm

How can they hit a parked car like that ? Looks like they hit it pretty hard too.
People like that don't deserve a licence. Only hope their car came off worse :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Thx for all the kind wishes guy's... hope it all comes true... LOL

Yeah i'll go see the parking spot again tomorrow and see the debris. and ill go report it. I didn't think of that bennie. Good point. **** worst thing is its a touring wagon, harder to find the tailgates and the colour!!!

Anyway good thing i've been wrecking cars for a while, I got a replacement tailgate in the yard:p I think i'll strip it of the plastic bits, badge etc, leave the glass and drop it off at a panel beater. Give him the paint code and get it painted. Don't mind too much if the colour isn't spot on.
If you recall, the original tailgate on my baby way smashed and i painted this one with spray cans, it was originally white but had a dent and some rust thats now cracked and showing.
Overall its not the end of the world its only the tailgate. could have done more damage to the car like the glass could have smashed, or even worst bend the frame of the car. Thank god for the towbar and rear wheel carrier!!! Only thing is my jerry can holder is now bent:(

I just hope the towbar punctured their radiator and they cooked the engine running away!!!!!

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:44 pm

The more i think about it, the more it makes sense that it wasn't a normal car. Must have been a big 4x4, small truck or something like that!

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:36 am

Yeah I'd say a tray back or 4X4, take the inside cover off the tailgate off and see if you can push it out, wrap a rag around whatever you use if it has sharp edges, wood is best though it looks pretty farked.

When to report a traffic crash

The driver of a vehicle must report a traffic crash when the incident occurred on a road or any place commonly used by the public, e.g. carparks; and

the incident resulted in bodily harm to any person; or
the total value of property damaged to all involved parties exceeds $3000; or
the owner or representative of any damaged property is not present.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Not much you can do now but pray that get their own one day.

I hate carparks and why I park out the middle of nowhere... only to get back and find other cars parked next to me ???? like going fishing and people parking next to you while there is millions on kms of coastline.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Mate, that sucks big time. I had a guy rear-end my old van. When I pulled over he didnt :(. I didnt realise until it was too late. Some people need their heads caved in.

Regards

Doug

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 pm

So far the car still is the same..., The rear wheel carrier mount are broken or loose..., Just too busy with other projects...

Anyway, At the moment i'm driving an RS liberty, as a daily and dammm its fun..
Seriously considering buying a turbo engine for my car. should i go EJ20t or Ej25t? Sti??? Any suggestions?

Although, at present i don;t have the time, too many other project and low budget. BUT i got a new engineering joob and even as a part time vacation work i'm able to save a lot more... Might be sooner than i think...,, maybe over winter... :P

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 am

I reckon leave the EJ25 in. You'll break too much shit from canning the crap out of it with the turbo motor... plus power isn't really an issue with your 25.
It corners shit as it's so darn high off the ground... so of course it won't be a sports car. I'd keep the RS for that..

I know if I had a turbo in my car I'd break a whole lot more shit and even with the 80kw I've manage to break almost every component on my Forester, inlcuding the whole driveline!
My 2 cents worth anyway.

PS. if you do go turbo, go EJ25 turbo. Mod the absolute f*** out of it too so you can beat every other **** out there! Otherwise why bother doing a turbo swap at all..!!?! Aim for atleast a 13 down the quarter mile

Davidov

Post by Davidov » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am

Id go ej20t. Can be had for far cheaper than a 25 and a 20 can be modded for relatively cheaply to get a lot more power than a 25.

I wouldnt go a turbo at all in the L. Just asking for more problems and any turbo motor you get would probably have less power down low than your jdm 25 for offroad.
MY03 Outback JDM Turbo Conversion
Taza: "Is this phone quad cam?"

Return to “Guyph”