radiator fans in MY EJ fits

Any thing and every thing ever asked about how to do an EJ conversion to an L series and MY. Includes Brumby and Coupe.
steptoe
Master Member

radiator fans in MY EJ fits

Post by steptoe » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 am

the things that come to mind at 2am !

The best, neatest EJ20G auto in a Brumby I have had the pleasure of looking over had a custom alloy radiator with engine side mounted electric fans - something others hve expressed trouble in achieving, resorting to front mount fans.

I noted the slimline fans were sounding quite powerful in action and were labeled Panasonic. Wondered where you'd source them...wondering stopped last few weeks when i saw same in another beast (don't ask) and got to ask the owner where they came from - reply was Davies Craig

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:22 am

I have one fan from a delicia intercooler on the engine side of my brumby and a slimline fan from a ford focus on the front side both are switched (with a relay) and I only ever use them in traffic in summer or on the beach.

My radiator is the standard brumby 2 core with modified outlets for the EJ motor.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

SUBIIE

Post by SUBIIE » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 pm

I have Davies Craig slim line fans. Have the standard ea81 radiator with new inlet and outlets to cater for the larger ej radiator hoses. I mounted the fans on the outside between the grill and radiator. Very tight fit. The only problem is that they are powerful and makea loud spinning noise at idle. Good luck
1992 'Annivesary' Subaru Brumby, amp-6x9"'s-kevlar 6"'s-tweeters, power windows, and a 1995 WRX EJ20t engine finally installed, engineered and blue slipped. Wow, try and catch me up the mountain!
http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13343
The horse feed car; 1988 subaru brumby, targa top, and in need of some tlc.

Return to “Fitting EJ motors to MY & L series models”