MY transmission tunnel differences

Any thing and every thing ever asked about how to do an EJ conversion to an L series and MY. Includes Brumby and Coupe.
stenno

MY transmission tunnel differences

Post by stenno » Wed May 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi all, been searching here and USMB but have found no exact answers.

Anyone know anything about the MY series transmission tunnel size differences?

eg are auto tunnels bigger than manual transmission tunnels? how much so?

and following this, would that mean that the heater core box inside the interior be different size to allow for this?

and finally would it be easier to cut out a MY manual tunnel and weld in an MY auto tunnel or a impreza tunnel if one was to try and fit an EJ auto or six speed box and retain the stock MY interior dash etc?

i have access to both an MY Auto shell and an impreza shell currently. welding isnt too much an issue but im trying to avoid getting to this stage, and being stuck scratching my head
http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/sho ... stcount=23 from this thread My 83 2dr GL

Niterida / Devil, should i just stop worrying and cut out the whole firewall and floorpan and then use the impreza firewall / floorpan and wrx interior?

thanks

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed May 16, 2012 8:55 pm

maybe you measure the MY aotu shell you have with some god spec points as you have with tailshaft and someone with manual in a Brumby could compare notes and let you know....

stenno

Post by stenno » Wed May 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Yeh I only have a 2wd auto body still with motor and box still attached. It could be weeks till it's dismantled enough to get good measurements but I will remember to do it just to make it easier for everyone else.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed May 16, 2012 11:29 pm

baronvonchickenpants Jordan may recall his info from many years ago ....

Return to “Fitting EJ motors to MY & L series models”