EA>EJ custom exhaust pics

Any thing and every thing ever asked about how to do an EJ conversion to an L series and MY. Includes Brumby and Coupe.
apg39

EA>EJ custom exhaust pics

Post by apg39 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Can anyone post a pic of their custom exhaust in their EA to EJ swap? Mainly the front section of exhaust as I have my old set of stock Forester GT headers from my old car that I'm hoping I can just run a pipe from where the up-pipe normally goes.
Cheers,
Andrew

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Here's Ruby Scoo's setup - EJ22, factory Y pipe with custom 2.25 inch cat back system tucked up neatly out of the way with the three inch lift:

I don't know if this fits exactly what you're after but you've got them now to make your decision from.

From what I understand you want to use the turbo GT foz extractors that originally went up to the turbo then down to the dump pipe but in an NA setup?

I would be do-able but you might need to modify the turbo flange to make it the same as the pipe diametre if it changes, I know the dump pipe part did but you wouldn't be using this for an NA - have one made up the same size as everything else.

I think ScubyRoo's JDM Outback has this sort of setup for an NA - check it out with him - you might be able to get the same sort of thing for your setup.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

apg39

Post by apg39 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Yep, basically use the stock headers as they are in this pic & run a custom pipe back to where the exhaust runs down the centre. I've got the measurements somewhere but I don't see a problem with matching the size then going to 2" or 2.25" from there?

Cheers,
Andrew

Return to “Fitting EJ motors to MY & L series models”