WRX EJ20 Turbo into L-Series Wagon

Any thing and every thing ever asked about how to do an EJ conversion to an L series and MY. Includes Brumby and Coupe.
L-Rex

Re: WRX EJ20 Turbo into L-Series Wagon

Post by L-Rex » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:39 pm

El_Freddo wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:48 pm
Updates?

I also need to update a box with some contents and send it your way - I found the first piece in the shed last week, I haven't found the second one yet.

I'll get that first one on it's way though!

Cheers

Bennie
Car is going really well, no issues at all. The power gives me a big grin every time I take it out. I'm really impressed by the upgraded brakes and suspension, it handles very well, and stops on a dime. The exhaust is stealth, but has a healthy bark when you give it a bit of right boot.

There have been more than a few drivers of Japanese and European "sports" cars that have had to get used to the sight of my tail lights :lol:

Unfortunately, I had the car booked in for RMS testing, and someone drove into the passenger side front whilst I was turning a corner, on the very day it was due to be tested! :evil: Luckily, I had the car insured for a healthy sum with Shannons, and I chose a very good repairer to fix the car. Have just got it back, so I need to book it in with the RMS engineer again...

Have found some parts to start on the strut brace, which I will fit in the near future.

I've had a couple of people approach me to help them with the same conversion on their cars. I'll probably end up giving someone a hand, but I don't want too many of them getting around :lol:
L-Rex

1992 L-Series Wagon, which used to be EA82 auto.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: WRX EJ20 Turbo into L-Series Wagon

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 pm

L-Rex wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Car is going really well, no issues at all. The power gives me a big grin every time I take it out. I'm really impressed by the upgraded brakes and suspension, it handles very well, and stops on a dime. The exhaust is stealth, but has a healthy bark when you give it a bit of right boot.
That's awesome!
L-Rex wrote:
I had the car booked in for RMS testing, and someone drove into the passenger side front whilst I was turning a corner, on the very day it was due to be tested!
That's not :mad:
L-Rex wrote:
... I chose a very good repairer to fix the car. Have just got it back, so I need to book it in with the RMS engineer again...
All the best with it, but really, I don't think you need well - wishes for the engineering side of things!

I'm looking forward to some pics - but you might be waiting until engineering is done ;)

And you don't want to be helping too many people in their builds - when would you ever get to drive it? :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Fitting EJ motors to MY & L series models”