Monster wagon

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:11 pm

So it's been a number of weeks now AndyT - got that shaft back yet?

I've managed to break my centre bearing - the metal case that surrounds the bearing has broken down near where it meets the other side and is spot welded to the other side.

I'm thinking of a second band over the top of just flat bar to help hold things together better - just incase there's a break again. This will tighten up the drivetrain more as well.

Might be worth doing the same for your tailshaft ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Yeah I got the shaft back a few days later. It's installed in the car now.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:46 pm

So what's been happening mate? Seems I'm the one pushing for updates!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:50 am

Well it's hard to draw a line on what can be defined as "finished" but it's definitely not yet.
It does run and drive now, just very badly - it needs a full dyno and street tune, and before that it needs a full new exhaust made up. Both of those things add up to a decent wad of cash and I actually need to save up a bit more before I can throw it down. It does need much more after that...however I think after those two things are done and if it turns out it all works well, I will writeup a massive build thread. I have many photos from over the last year or so, and much to write. There have been many many setbacks aling the way.
Most recent of which was a leaky windscreen, which ended up involving some pretty major transplant (welding surgery) work from a donor wreck.
I will post alot, I hope within the next 6 to 8 weeks. Thanks for following up :)

Return to “AndrewT”