Off-Road Racing

Moderator: brumbyrunner

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey Stuart, is Hyden a definite? I'll need to make plans ASAP if it is.

Grant, going to fly out again (finke). Cost is cheaper than driving and takes waaaaay less time.

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:15 pm

brumbyrunner wrote:Depends how things look after Hyden and Finke I reckon. Are you nearby?

oh and a nice lil' subaru workshop that I could swing some time in, if required ;-)
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:30 pm

FROG wrote:Yeah mate my backyard ..... Got a spare double bedroom if you need it ... The track goes through my mates property I've driven some of it in the ol' liberty .... Prepare for rocky roads ;-)
That's a generous offer mate, I might just have to take you up on that. How far from the pit area do you live?
FROG wrote:oh and a nice lil' subaru workshop that I could swing some time in, if required ;-)
It just keeps getting better! Of course, Brett always says we wont need to work on the car.
Outback bloke wrote:Hey Stuart, is Hyden a definite? I'll need to make plans ASAP if it is.
I'm trying to get there but there's so much left to do and only 6 weeks left to do it in. I'll feel more confident of making it once the shocks and gearboxes get back up here that's for sure. Better leave it a couple more weeks before you buy a non-refundable airfare.
Settlement Creek Racing

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey Brett, can you change the title of this thread to something like "Off Road Race -> What's next?"
Settlement Creek Racing

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:08 am

[quote="brumbyrunner"] How far from the pit area do you live?[quote]

About two klms
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

brumbyrunner
General Member

Hyden

Post by brumbyrunner » Sun May 02, 2010 2:34 pm

For anyone interested (or couldn't make it :( ) I just learned that
Hyden will be on Speedweek on SBS on Sunday 9th May.
Settlement Creek Racing

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:48 pm

I've nominated for the Lockyer 300 on the 26th October. If any forum members are going, don't forget to look us up. Link to the event here http://www.aorc.com.au/lockyer-valley/
Settlement Creek Racing

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:46 am

Sounds great! I will have to see what we are up to that weekend and will hopefully see you there! :)
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

pzs

Post by pzs » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:42 pm

best of luck, i'm in brissy at that time if I can make it I will, just to wave the NT flag proud.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:28 am

The Lockyer 300 was a lot tougher on cars than we all expected. Not a single Extreme 4wd, Extreme 2wd finished the event (including us), only 1 UTV, 1 Performance 4wd and 2 Performance 2wds completed the entire course.
We had a canister hose on the pass. side front shock rub on the bonnet and lost all the oil about 7km into the first section on Sat. Had to drive the next 93km with no dampening on that corner. We lost a fair amount of time because of it and were 19 min behind the leader.
The crew did a fantastic job servicing the car and getting us to the start line for section 2 on Sun morning and we took 4 min off the leading class 8 on the first 50km lap.
Then disaster struck while trying to overtake the remaining class 7 competitor in the dust. The pass. side front control arm folded back on itself, pulling the lower balljoint apart and with nothing to locate the hub, it moved back into the firewall forcing us to stop. We had no chance of repairing it before the final stage so that put us out of the event.
Fortunately we only needed the points from the first section to give us an unbeatable lead in the AORC and so we finished 2013 as class champions. Next time you see the gold brumby racing we'll be wearing 801!
Huge thanks to Brett, Megan, Dane & Dan. Jeff from ********* and John for building the gearbox. Top effort guys.
Settlement Creek Racing

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:22 am

Congratulations stuart and Jim , great effort

dwayneb

Post by dwayneb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:28 am

brumbyrunner wrote: Fortunately we only needed the points from the first section to give us an unbeatable lead in the AORC and so we finished 2013 as class champions. Next time you see the gold brumby racing we'll be wearing 801!
Huge thanks to Brett, Megan, Dane & Dan. Jeff from ********* and John for building the gearbox. Top effort guys.

Well done to all..:grin:
Back in a Subaru, 03 Forester XS:D

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 am

801!!!!! Huge congratulations to you and Jim. Can't wait to see the beast wearing 801
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Return to “Brumbyrunner”