The Brumbyrunner Project

Moderator: brumbyrunner

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:28 am

That has come up awesome Stuart.

Just think 8 months ago we were driving up the Stuart highway at night talking about what you were going to do with the rear end. Now you have it almost done. You should be very happy with that effort!
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:27 pm

I got to thinking on the way home today about it and I think it is all going to be wrong. Nah, just kidding. I was thinking about your CV boots though. I think you are going to have to get longer ones like Jay did on the orange car.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Yeah Dane, I remember that. We clogged up the channel for hours yarning about it. We were nearly at Tennant Creek when one of the Coultards, who lives on a station nearby, chimed in with "thats sounds like a lot of effort, why don't you just buy a Jimco (a winning USA buggy manufacturer)?" (or words to that effect).

I like the sound of that Brett. Someone's going to have to do some test fitting at a CV shop though.
Settlement Creek Racing

Brumby Boy

Post by Brumby Boy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:28 pm

wow, im amazed at how far this has progressed since last time i looked at this thread, absolutly loving it, wish i could do half that stuf to my ute and still have it road legal, id like to be at finke next year, if so ill be on a bike, cant wait to see this machine in the flesh and chat with you about it
Long live the 1990 Subaru Brumby 2" lifted and soon to be mig locked
RIP 1992 Brumby

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2507954
http://www.myspace.com/brumby_boy

few self-respecting ricers would spend the time to modify a Daewoo.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:52 pm

I'd planned to run the handbrake cables underneath the trailing arms but when I hooked them up I changed my mind. They would've been too vulnerable so I drilled out and sleaved a hole through the trailing arm and ran them through that instead. More work but it looks a lot better.
Not much more I can do now until I get the coilovers. I'll leave the shock mounts until then and build them to suit the shocks so I get it right. I want to make the mounts adjustable so I can run the shocks from .7 out to maybe .9:1 motion ratio. Factory L and MY is about .9

Brumby Boy wrote:wow, im amazed at how far this has progressed since last time i looked at this thread, absolutly loving it, wish i could do half that stuf to my ute and still have it road legal, id like to be at finke next year, if so ill be on a bike, cant wait to see this machine in the flesh and chat with you about it
Finke on a bike would be awesome. It's such a massive turnout that they have to limit the entries. What bike you got?
Settlement Creek Racing

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:49 pm

brumbyrunner wrote:Just ask anyone with a WRX powered MY.

Or anyone who's launched a wrx or RS for that matter.

Would be good to have a bike entry from a forum member Brumby Boy.

I remember that drive too Danger. Someone hogged my radio and I just sat there driving. :)
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Just had word that the rear shocks will be ready in a month. Good news.
Handbrake cables through the trailing arm.

Settlement Creek Racing

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:45 pm

looking good stuart!! will be good to see it sitting on all fours again!!
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

Brumby Boy

Post by Brumby Boy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:18 pm

brumbyrunner wrote:Finke on a bike would be awesome. It's such a massive turnout that they have to limit the entries. What bike you got?
I've got a 94 XR600R and im in the middle if reassembling it after a few frame repairs and a paint job, also in the process of throwing the Ballards catalog at it...
RIP 1992 Brumby

Brumby Boy

Post by Brumby Boy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:26 pm

brumbyrunner wrote:Finke on a bike would be awesome. It's such a massive turnout that they have to limit the entries. What bike you got?
Ive got a 94 XR600R that im in the process of reassembling after some frame repairs and a repaint, also in the process of throwing the Ballards Catalog at it lol
White_Lightning_Rex wrote: Would be good to have a bike entry from a forum member Brumby Boy.
Yea i'm going to try and get my brother to come with me on his new Banshee
RIP 1992 Brumby

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:31 pm

How did you get on with the cv joints today? Length/spline on the Liberty ones going to work with the circlips?

I went to the CV shop today and I may as well have gone and asked at Tandy. The young kid behind the counter knew squat about any thing. "Dad is out today. Maybe best if you come back tomorrow"

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 pm

No mate didn't get a chance. Something else came up. Maybe tomorrow.
Settlement Creek Racing

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Hey chief, did Jimbo tell you I have a message from Phillcom for you ? Will post it up when I get a chance. Something to do with a free upgrade, reply paid express post bag etc.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks bloke. I got an email from Philtronics telling me all about it. They thought I was based in Brisbane. I posted the hard drive recorder last Friday so with a bit of luck I'll get it back Friday week. One of the free upgrades is the ability to turn it off straight after recording without losing footage. You used to have to wait 3 mins or you'd wipe everything!
Settlement Creek Racing

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:40 am

to stop whoring your clothing thread:

I had forgotten all about the GPS speedo. I will take a video of the one in my boat next weekend when I am up on the dam. If you still want one I will make it happen. if you are OK with some of our company stickers on the car then i'm pretty sure my boss will sponsor you.

I will get the LCD off to you. I didn't bother as I thought mail wasn't getting through to you.
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 am

I feel left out on this upcoming race. Nothing to do on the car. :( Heaps of time off work - read no work - and nothing to do. F*** I need a job, so freaking boring being out of work. Enough of my whoring this thread, post us up some more pics of your car.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:35 am

I think Stuart should fly us both up to the station and we can rewire the entire car and fit a custom dash ;) (I am not out of work - just keen as for wollogorang + race car!!)

Agreed - more pics!

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:06 pm

vincentvega wrote:I had forgotten all about the GPS speedo. I will take a video of the one in my boat next weekend when I am up on the dam. If you still want one I will make it happen. if you are OK with some of our company stickers on the car then i'm pretty sure my boss will sponsor you.

I will get the LCD off to you. I didn't bother as I thought mail wasn't getting through to you.
That sounds good Dane. I'd be more than happy to be sponsered by your company. Do you have a company sticker that you want to use or will we need my sticker sponser to make something up?

The mail is getting through no problem. It's not as wet here as they make out.
Settlement Creek Racing

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:45 pm

vincentvega wrote:I think Stuart should fly us both up to the station and we can rewire the entire car and fit a custom dash ;) (I am not out of work - just keen as for wollogorang + race car!!)

Agreed - more pics!
will i fit in you bag!!??
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:40 pm

brumbyrunner wrote:So when do you guys arrive?

Flights to Mt Isa are pretty regular if you can come get us and give us all paid positions ;)

My finke is booked. Got a room at heavitree and will hopfully be in town sometime on the thursday.

Return to “Brumbyrunner”