Subie Boys Next Wagon Resto

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 pm

The inside is slowly coming together . This is basically what the dash will look like from the drivers seat.

Went and got the vinyl for the hood lining and the doors . Charcoal for hood lining and blue for the tops of the doors. Also the front and rear screen rubbers.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:50 pm

The hood lining now has new vinyl on it and some more of the console parts are now prepared .

As my rear bumper went on to the project car , Steve has now finished the updated bumper for mine .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maddog

Post by maddog » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Absolutely marvellous and inspiring!! You guys are unreal! And Steve, is there any chance that you could make me a rear bumper/wheel carrier for my L Series wagon? Any idea on cost?
regards, Justin.
88 GL Touring Wagon - getting better all the time... or was until Skippy got in the way one night... writeoff now :(
98 Forester - wotaluvlycar! (belongs to missus) ;o)
91 Liberty Wagon in immaculate condition - can't believe how much nice it is, mine! ;)

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:26 pm

It's been awhile since i have put a post as we have been setting the shed up better to handle the stuff we do better.

The center console is now 98% finished now. New coverings and i gave up my console lid as not able to find a good enough one . Made up a new face plate area for the stereo once one is decided on.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:18 pm

The windscreen is now in with new rubber and most of thr interior plastic pieces have been given a clean up .

Also the roof lining is now in.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2coupedup

Post by 2coupedup » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:31 pm

comming along nicely
I LIKE THEM PRETTY YET TOUGH...LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:08 pm

The wagon part is now fitted out. Seat covers will cover the seats until they are recovered since we could not find a dark gray set.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:31 pm

Now a little further along. Got new padded area's made up for the door fabs/ trims. Steve got in and trimmed and fitted the carpet.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:56 am

loving the exterior colour. interior colourings adds a nice touch. just imagine if these guys did ej swaps at the same time - the workshop would pump out some seriously hot lookin show cars with performance to match. great stuff

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:02 am

My thoughts exactly Subafury..... I'd love to see my Brumby in Gunmetal grey with AWD and a purring ej25.

Will sleep tonight dreaming.

Cheers Chris

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:35 pm

We fitted out some more items today and Steve finished the touch up on the paint that was left to do .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:09 pm

Very nice!

I'd love to find the time and money to do this to Sunnie... What's the time frame been so far?

Good work fellas!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:15 am

El_Freddo wrote:Very nice!

What's the time frame been so far?

Bennie
The time frame has been ,, with interruptions ,, waiting for parts ,,, finding parts,, and a few breaks away from car to clear the head,,and learning things that none of us have done before ( e.g . re kitting a caliper, etc ) ,,,it has taken the length of this thread. lol.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Lookin sweet fellas

Gives me inspiration to buy an MY coupe and do the same
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

subarooster

Post by subarooster » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:46 pm

wow...i wish i was the lucky one inheriting this beauty :) well done!!

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:37 pm

Back window is now in with new rubber and back seat is in also.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LEALAROO

Post by LEALAROO » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Things are moving along slowly on the car. The rain is making it a little difficult as there isn't alot of room in the shed to move around the car. But the boys are doing a bang up job in the mean time doing a few odd jobs & such. They are scratching their heads a bit trying to work things out like the top of the door trims to brighten them up, but are working the kinks out as they go.
Lea

Subie Boys's
Roscoruby's

Better Half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:41 pm

The wipers are now on with new blades and the engine bay is now wired up and powersteering pump is mounted.

Hopefully only a few things left to do and will be able to hand the car over.
Just the tops of the door fabs and the fire up of the engine and then the big once over from front to rear double checking all bolts and screws are done up and adjust everything if not quite right. Then the road worthy .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:59 pm

and more pic's when you get to the end of it all. please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

tex

Post by tex » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:02 pm

And please tell us what they say when you take it for the roadworthy they ought to be as impressed as the rest of us!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

Return to “Subie Boys”