Subie Boys Next Wagon Resto

rtcb65
General Member

Subie Boys Next Wagon Resto

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:10 pm

A friend from brissy ask me if we could do up a car for her son. We could do up a car but prefer to do up a subaru . She showed her son and he said he would like one. That is how i think it went. And that is the start of another project.

For the last couple of days we have been looking around for a wagon to rebuild and come across one. If all goes to plan we will be heading down to pick it up on Wednesday. 27/2/08.

These are the ad pics.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coops

Post by coops » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Another blue one I hope.

I am a fan of the colour too.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:32 pm

coops wrote:Another blue one I hope.

I am a fan of the colour too.
You guessed it . The owner wonts it a BLUE. Not sure on what kind of blue as yet . I am going to ask him to pick a color code when the time comes and send it to me so i can find it or as close as humanly possible..
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:17 pm

sounds like you boys will be very busy

theclick

Post by theclick » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:23 pm

you guys do some great work there. I'd love to see my L in wrx blue (after some panel work)

rtcb65
General Member

pics

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:55 pm

Just a few more pics .
The funny part is , we havent seen the car in real life yet. The people we are doing the project for have seen it and sent me the pics. We wont see it till we go get it .

We see potential in the cars , not the rust or damage. That way it dont seem so bad.lol

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

busy

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Subafury wrote:sounds like you boys will be very busy
The best thing is , the 2 leone's are a long term projects. The future drivers dont have there licenses yet. not even there learners. So we can take our time and do bits and pieces in between cars.

The wagons are the main ones we have to concentrate on. They are for other people . As we do the resto for no cost other than the parts and stuff used. It is away to help people out that cant afford to get the work done and keeps us occupied .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SubaRute

Post by SubaRute » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:31 pm

rick can you text me your phone number so i can call you

cheers leon

rtcb65
General Member

Bring it home.

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:02 pm

Tomorrow is the day to go get the car. Hope i have got every thing i need . It is unregistered so have the permit application ready to get it tomorrow morning, and the just in case stuff, tow rope , etc.
Looking forward to getting it home and starting on it.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:14 pm

The red wagon seems fairly clean for an MY i have seen alot worse of a project to start on. I know it will be a real nice unit once you have done your bit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

rtcb65
General Member

Thanks

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Thanks SWK, I thought you might have know it . You could say it is down the road from you. Well across the road. Thats 2 from down your way now, Wil's leone and now this one. We must be picking up the cars that are being replaced. LOL.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

home

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:39 pm

The subaru is now at our place. I went well other than a front wheel shudder . Felt like either a belt has let go in the tyre or a wheel through it's balance weights. Other than that it was a good trip home. Having a good look over it tomorrow and starting to pull it apart.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:05 pm

Then the fun begins, and by the looks of it you have some work to do.
Good luck with the build.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Thanks

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:08 pm

Thanks riksta. By the time this one is done . i might be able to pick yours up so i can do your golden oldy up .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Yeah that will be nice to see what you guys can do with it and how it turns out, what ever you guys do to it , its going to be good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

moving on

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:41 am

We spent a couple of hours and this is the result. another couple of hours and it can be put on it's side. flush the rails and take the running gear and fuel tank out. Give her a good clean up and apply the body deadener and rust proofing .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Been else were

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Been moving home . Finely in the new house ( no didnt buy one ) so now we can get back to work on the wagon. Other than a few other small jobs, it should be full time on the car.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Moving on

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Back at it , Motor is out and at the rebuilders. More parts off the car and it is about to go on its side to get the rest of the parts off eg, fuel tank, diff , rear trailing arms and so on.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Next step

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:15 pm

As the pic shows , it is on its side . Giving it a under body clean. The chassis is now cleaned out . Tomorrow we hope to put the rust proofing into the rails and apply some body deadener on the under body and start cleaning the rear suspension and coating it ready to go back in.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goon

Post by Goon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Looking good boys! Great to see things are moving along for yas, would be interesting to visit and see things in real life...with easter coming up, found some time to go for a wander north of brissie. Who knows, might even bump into someone around gympie over the break? Anyway, have fun and take care over easter.

Return to “Subie Boys”