Subie Boys, Sister Car

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:53 am

AlpineRaven wrote:I have one in the garage, never put it on my Liberty! (because I have to drop the diff before putting it on)
Cheers
AP
Hey AP ,

I recon they are great. Anything to protect to save the cost of replacement has to be great. Yes there is a little bit of difference in fitting between yours and ours. On ours its 4 nuts and bingo ,its on. I hate to think how many there is for you.

That is why we are sticking to the M.Y. subaru and putting the newer model stuff into them Eg : ej , gearbox, diff. It keeps things easy for us old rednecks. lol.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:03 am

rtcb65 wrote:Hey AP ,

I recon they are great. Anything to protect to save the cost of replacement has to be great. Yes there is a little bit of difference in fitting between yours and ours. On ours its 4 nuts and bingo ,its on. I hate to think how many there is for you.

That is why we are sticking to the M.Y. subaru and putting the newer model stuff into them Eg : ej , gearbox, diff. It keeps things easy for us old rednecks. lol.
Heh can't blame you.. Yeah they're very simple. That is why i haven't put it in as can't be bothered!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:42 am

what are those diff protectors worth?
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:56 pm

vincentvega wrote:what are those diff protectors worth?
Dunno but I don't think it would be too hard to bend one up with a suitable bit of steel and some heat...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:29 pm

vincentvega wrote:what are those diff protectors worth?
Some change left out of $90 . Cheaper than a diff, well say a vlsd, clutch pack lsd etc.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:35 pm

I have the Factory Subaru (read it looks identical except the sticker) one on my ute and it has saved the diff a few times by the big scratches on it.
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:00 am

On friday we done a gearbox swap out. For some reason first gear suddenly became hard to select. None of us have come across that before.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Like the rest of us, we have upgraded a little to a newer model Subaru. Last but not least, this M.Y. has been replaced by a newer model. This one was replaced by a L series. I believe it was owned by a forum member.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Looks like Fang's old beast. Its seen plenty of offroading in its life.
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Return to “Subie Boys”