Subie Boys, Sister Car

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:16 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Why the bump? The only reason I can see is to re-read one of the first great thread of the subi boys. It was good to read over once again.

And man, you guys can make an MY look mean (new paint, wheel carrier, front bar and those chunky tyres!).

As always said, keep up the good work!

Cheers

Bennie
Hey Bennie,

I asked for the thread to be moved into the folder and it got bumped in the process. I asked for it to be moved so i can find it easier for the updates which will get added later.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu May 14, 2009 7:13 pm

rtcb65 wrote:I asked for the thread to be moved into the folder and it got bumped in the process. I asked for it to be moved so i can find it easier for the updates which will get added later.
Fair enough. I thought it a bit random... So I'm guessing the subi's still going stong?

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu May 14, 2009 7:24 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Fair enough. I thought it a bit random... So I'm guessing the subi's still going stong?

Bennie
Yer Bennie,

Still going strong and got some damage from the scrub . Bent panels and bent strut.

On a good note, it now has a 2 inch lift , roof console with a uhf in it . It is also about to get some 14 inch boots with 27 inch tires on them . Ohh yer, also a webber .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stinky

Post by stinky » Fri May 15, 2009 5:11 am

bumping it just made it easier to find to move it :)
'91 brumby, EJ-Turbo with VOSChip, 2" lift, 15" superlites, Dual Range AWD.

'93 Subaru Legacy, 2.2 auto, automatic seatbelts, LHD.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:52 am

A small update . Thanks to ricksta's old M.Y , this one now has a replacement front bumper bar and a place to mount the uhf.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Sun May 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Geess Rick, that bar never looked that shiny on my old car, looks good, and the roof console looks better the way you have retrimed it than when it was in mine.

Glad thay have gone to a good home.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:18 pm

just looking at this thread...it could be me but i'm thinking you guys may have a thing for blue??
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:14 am

chubby37 wrote:just looking at this thread...it could be me but i'm thinking you guys may have a thing for blue??
It's not you, we do have a thing for blue. Some one in another thread asked if we were trying to take over south east qld with blue subaru's. It is mainly the home cars that are blue.

Some times i think we are trying to see how many shades there are. lol.
Blue just seems to fit with the M.Y shape real well.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:14 pm

It also has a 2 inch lift and we not long cleaned up a set of 14 inch rims to get them ready for a set of 27 inch tires.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:32 pm

Today this one got some maintenance and a small upgrade. It had a problem with a sticking throttle , which turned out to be gunck in between the throttle pedal and the shaft it fits on. To fix it , the pedal box had to be removed to simply slide the pedal off. Sanded inside the tube and same with the shaft and applied a small amount of grease and fitted it all up again. Not something ya would think about with a sticking throttle.

Also fitted a set of 27's , done the guard cuts and moved the uhf arial mount . IT needed to be higher to get better distance.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:20 pm

looking good guys!!
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm

looking good mate... keep it up!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:35 pm

With the upgrade on Ross's car with the brakes, we thought we will give it a go on this one. We started with just a L series brake booster. We were surprised , with just that , it helped the brakes abit.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:31 pm

Another little update , when i brought my Subaru , it had bent diff bolts and a scared up diff. So to save that happening to these cars and mine , we found some diff protectors. As you can see, they are already doing there job. They are great. Lazar cut and zinc dipped/rust protected. We got them from CROSSBRED PERFORMANCE .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:38 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Another little update , when i brought my Subaru , it had bent diff bolts and a scared up diff. So to save that happening to these cars and mine , we found some diff protectors. As you can see, they are already doing there job. They are great. Lazar cut and zinc dipped/rust protected. We got them from CROSSBRED PERFORMANCE .

I have one in the garage, never put it on my Liberty! (because I have to drop the diff before putting it on)
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:53 am

AlpineRaven wrote:I have one in the garage, never put it on my Liberty! (because I have to drop the diff before putting it on)
Cheers
AP
Hey AP ,

I recon they are great. Anything to protect to save the cost of replacement has to be great. Yes there is a little bit of difference in fitting between yours and ours. On ours its 4 nuts and bingo ,its on. I hate to think how many there is for you.

That is why we are sticking to the M.Y. subaru and putting the newer model stuff into them Eg : ej , gearbox, diff. It keeps things easy for us old rednecks. lol.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:03 am

rtcb65 wrote:Hey AP ,

I recon they are great. Anything to protect to save the cost of replacement has to be great. Yes there is a little bit of difference in fitting between yours and ours. On ours its 4 nuts and bingo ,its on. I hate to think how many there is for you.

That is why we are sticking to the M.Y. subaru and putting the newer model stuff into them Eg : ej , gearbox, diff. It keeps things easy for us old rednecks. lol.
Heh can't blame you.. Yeah they're very simple. That is why i haven't put it in as can't be bothered!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:42 am

what are those diff protectors worth?
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:56 pm

vincentvega wrote:what are those diff protectors worth?
Dunno but I don't think it would be too hard to bend one up with a suitable bit of steel and some heat...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:29 pm

vincentvega wrote:what are those diff protectors worth?
Some change left out of $90 . Cheaper than a diff, well say a vlsd, clutch pack lsd etc.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”