yes please Rick :D

and great job Steve
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Doing another write up on the other car would be great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Agreed for the sister thread!
All write ups are an intriguing read * :)

riksta

Post by riksta » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:55 am

thats a yes to a write up on the sister car, I think we all like what the suby boys Rick and Steve can do, and again GREAT JOB.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

subie boys

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 pm

riksta wrote:thats a yes to a write up on the sister car, I think we all like what the suby boys Rick and Steve can do, and again GREAT JOB.
I need to clear up a small confusion. The subie boys are made up of 3 of us. We started with only 2 . Myself ( Rick ) and a bloke by the name of Ross. After a few years of doing up a couple of subarus and boats and making a couple of boat trailers , a couple of locals saw that we had a small passion for the M.Y subaru. With a lot of pushing and bragging about the M.Y .. A couple asked us to do some work on them.
Then Steve anded up with out a car and Ross and myself had a Touring wagon we were going to do up for either Ross's daughter or my daughter. Which ever one got there license first. Ross and myself talked it over and asked Steve if he wonted it. IF he did he had use of all the tools , shed, and spares that we ( ross and i) used and gathered over the years.
Steve then said if he buys the subaru and does it up , that he will become one of the Subaru Boys.
I got my Subaru 11 years ago and have been bragging them up ever since . Ross got his and we done it up about 3 years ago , give or take a month or so.
That is how it all started .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dibs

Post by dibs » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:34 pm

is it a twin or just a sister

dibs

rtcb65
General Member

sister car

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:26 pm

QUOTE=dibs;75003]is it a twin or just a sister

dibs[/QUOTE]

We called it a Sister car Due to it was being redone at the same time as the one the thread car was being done.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

roscoruby

Subie boys

Post by roscoruby » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:50 am

Rick will be posting a tread on the sister car once he gets all the pics ready .
Ross
1996 Gen 2 liberty Wagon, manual with L series low range Awd and vlsd .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:30 pm

OK, the latest...

Did the mud flaps today, using 10mm conveyor belt and painted the 4WD logo on using the stencil I made yesterday. I reckon they'll do the job...

This is the steel stencil, cut from some scrap 1.5mm plate with an angle grinder and finished with a file. The spine was simply soldered in place (with gas torch).

And this is the test result on a spare bit of rubber using leftover primer/surfacer.

Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

roscoruby

shed

Post by roscoruby » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:21 pm

It's back in the shed. Someone forgot to check the oil in the autobox. Looks like no oil has stuffed the box. It lasted all of about 3 weeks.
Ross
1996 Gen 2 liberty Wagon, manual with L series low range Awd and vlsd .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:39 pm

thats a bugger.

wasnt there any signs it was low?
autos dont like being low on oil so dont usually drive 'as they should'

is it gettin a standard replacement auto box? or going manual :p

LEALAROO

Post by LEALAROO » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:10 pm

It was low right from the word go. From when it went in , he didnt check the level.
Lea

Subie Boys's
Roscoruby's

Better Half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Bugger eh?

That setencil looks the goods mate, well done and another fine touch for the MY.

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:04 pm

Looks like I get the last laugh yet again... There's nothing wrong with the box, and it wasn't misbehaving because of low fluid level (it wasn't THAT low). The trans filter was thoroughly clogged and I topped up with the wrong grade fluid (well I AM mentally ill after all).

So dropped the sump, drained the box, cleaned the filter, sump back on with new gasket and filled up with new fluid. She changes perfectly again, better in fact, and has better torque transmission thanks to improved pressure.

No big emergency, and only $40 to service it.

I admit I may do some really stupid things, but this wasn't one of them. The others were SO hoping it would be. LOL
Steve.

LEALAROO

Post by LEALAROO » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Funny how we remember things so differently, one minute the fluid isn,t even showing on the dip stick to it wasn't that low. Then of course there's the one who told him that the filter was probably blocked as well. Roscoruby. But we aren't disappointed that it was fixed so quick because now we have our shed free again for the all important Leonie. So all s well that ends well.
Lea

Subie Boys's
Roscoruby's

Better Half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:05 pm

I do want to give credit to Ross and Lea, even though I was being cheeky in my post above. Without their patience and help the car would not have even happened in the first place. And yes, Ross was the one that suggested the filter would be blocked too.
Steve.

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:01 pm

OK, news just in... Completely killed the motor this morning, very suddenly. Then proceeded to kill the auto towing the car 100km to home. Not a worry though...

It was very sudden. Car was running perfectly up until this morning, when no sooner had the oil light come on, one of the big end bearings spun and caused the whole motor to collapse in on itself shortly afterwards. Oil level was fine up until this morning's episode, but was suddenly empty. When we put more oil in, it maintained the level perfectly, so I haven't a clue where the other oil went.

Hopefully picking up rebuilt replacement motor tomorrow (still bolted in a car) and connecting that to the spare auto I have already. So not half the drama it could have been. It's entirely possible everything will be fixed/replaced on the very next day after this catastrophic event. Will keep you posted...
Steve.

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Who was broken down near Gympie late this afternoon?
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

rtcb65
General Member

Break down

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm

INEEDABEER wrote:Who was broken down near Gympie late this afternoon?
I can only tell what i have heard , so dont quote me on it. She broke down in Maryborough. Roscoruby drove up and towed it back. I believe they made into gympie around 5.30 to 6.00 pm . Like i said , that is what i have been told . I have not talked to steve as yet . so i dont know the whole story.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm

thats annoying...good luck with the replacements.

was it jsut the original motor or had u guys replaced seals and the likes. (guessing it wasnt a rebuilt motor)

was it oil pump failure?

Return to “Subie Boys”