Subie Boys , Ricks Gen 3 .

rtcb65
General Member

Subie Boys , Ricks Gen 3 .

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Picked myself up a gen 3 outback about a week ago. Gave my Gen 2 to a family member to cover a bill i owed. So it still ours in away.

The Gen 3 so far seems to be spot on after fixing a couple of little things. Wipers, etc. The usual Gen 3 give outs. Looking forward to setting it up to do what i wont it to do. Lift , tires, gearbox etc, the usual.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Your going through some cars, but atleast their subi's lol :P
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Matt wrote:Your going through some cars, but atleast their subi's lol :P
Hey Matt, i am arent i . I get them almost the way i wont them and something happens to make me start all over again. This might be the last one, not to fussed on the newer ones from this one on.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:58 am

Thought i would stick a starter pic up. This is the one from the ad.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 am

Very very Clean looking :) Good Buy
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Very nice looking Gen3 and look !! it's BLUE.. fancy that ! hahaha
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Matt wrote:Very very Clean looking :) Good Buy

Hey Matt, So far it seems to be a great buy. Especially for the dollars . Considering what the other prices were.
RSR 555 wrote:Very nice looking Gen3 and look !! it's BLUE.. fancy that ! hahaha
Hey Paul, It is very clean, It has a couple of marks, but for its age, it is good. Lol to the colour, but, it is the Gen 3 purple over gold. It is the closest to the blue i could find at the time and in the price range.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Fitted the front bar from my gen 2 .

If anyone wonts the standard front bar, make me an offer.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:43 am

Looks good Rick.. you didn't tell me you had one for a Gen2 :( I've been looking everywhere for one.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:25 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Looks good Rick.. you didn't tell me you had one for a Gen2 :( I've been looking everywhere for one.
Hey mate, I think it looks pretty good. Then again i may be bias. Lol. I didn't have a spare bar. It is the one off my Gen 2 outback. When i sold it , i keep the bar. It was a Gen 3 bar and adapted to the Gen 2.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 pm

No probs Rick.. if you see one for a gen2, just put my name on it ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Over the last few months , we have finely taken the libertys/outbacks out in the bush to test them. Been on 2 trips. The last one , we went up the hill , as i call it, the test hill. Depending how well it makes it up , is how happy i am with the car. It is the same hill that the posted video in Subie boys wet day out. Videos just dont show angles and road/tracks real well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlWy1rK ... e=youtu.be
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Great hill Rick is that up near you?

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:28 pm

yarney wrote:Great hill Rick is that up near you?

Jan
Hey Mate, Yes it is . Mother mountain. We stumbled upon it on one of our little bush drives. This trip it wasnt to bad. Other times we have been there, it has had rocks twice the size of head lights all over the hill.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:21 pm

It looks like it has been just graded would be very interesting in the wet;)
The club was up that way last weekend Australia Day but didn't know how to get to the towers, Dave M took them around the mountain

Jan

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 pm

yarney wrote:It looks like it has been just graded would be very interesting in the wet;)
The club was up that way last weekend Australia Day but didn't know how to get to the towers, Dave M took them around the mountain

Jan
Next time you /club are up this way, will have to let us know ahead of time , and we could put the tracks we know with the track you know. Might make for a interesting day.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:53 pm

We'll have to take you up on that Rick

Jan

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Yesterday , Easter Sunday, Went out to the test hill again. It was time for Ross to test his Gen 3 auto up the hill. It made it . He followed me up . It wasn't a nice this trip. A lot rougher , soft spots and bigger rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ana0W2j ... e=youtu.be
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Cool videos Rick and looks like some good fun to be had there when it's raining :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”