Subie Boys Gen 2 Tidy Up

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 am

And through some color on the car.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:54 am

OMFG !!! that looks awesome Rick *2 thumbs up* keep up the good work :cool:

That will be a great offroader with that combo ;)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:17 am

RSR 555 wrote:OMFG !!! that looks awesome Rick *2 thumbs up* keep up the good work :cool:

That will be a great offroader with that combo ;)
Hey Paul, i hope it is , it may have to pull us out . LOL.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 pm

I know this car :P lol Looks alot better now. You doing the roof where it was peeling?
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Matt wrote:I know this car :P lol Looks alot better now. You doing the roof where it was peeling?
Hey Mate,

Have a better look at the paint pic ( masked up one). You will see paint on the top of the masked area , which should tell you the answer to you question. Lol.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:00 pm

The next thing that needed to be done , was a tailshaft. Not only that, a set of rear drive shafts to suit the male diff.

While sorting them out, we put paint on all the other items and fitted the car out.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Fitting the car out with all the extras to work all the different parts Eg, Gearbox .Put forester front up rights on the gen 3 seats so there are arm rests. Sanding the clear coat back ready to be given a buff cut and polish.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Cleaned up the head lights

Fitted a USDM roof console .

Tail shaft and rear drive shafts sorted .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 am

rtcb65 wrote:Image
Is that what I think it is at the back there Rick? How did I miss that before :( Are you saving it for me?
rtcb65 wrote:Hey Paul, i hope it is , it may have to pull us out . LOL.
Should be very capable of getting you out of somewhere.. the trouble is, I think it's going to get you places not many other people get to :o You enjoy

Oh.. and btw, keep the pics coming mate, they look bloody awesome.. you guys are doing great work.

Off topic.. do you know Martin Rayner?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 am

RSR 555 wrote:Is that what I think it is at the back there Rick? How did I miss that before :( Are you saving it for me?

Should be very capable of getting you out of somewhere.. the trouble is, I think it's going to get you places not many other people get to :o You enjoy

Oh.. and btw, keep the pics coming mate, they look bloody awesome.. you guys are doing great work.

Off topic.. do you know Martin Rayner?
Sorry mate, i dont thing that is , what you think it is . It is just a plan Gen 1 auto. It is the next one to hit the road . Family car.

The off topic , if you mean who the car is for . Sorry no. It is for Jeff at ######### ###########. I thought i would make it different so the swear metre couldnt change it to ********* ***********.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:55 am

Last but not least , was to put the outside of the car back together and make sure everything worked.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 am

rtcb65 wrote:Sorry mate, i dont thing that is , what you think it is . It is just a plan Gen 1 auto. It is the next one to hit the road . Family car.

The off topic , if you mean who the car is for . Sorry no. It is for Jeff at ######### ###########. I thought i would make it different so the swear metre couldnt change it to ********* ***********.
Oh :( it looked very RSish. It's hard to see the the badge

Nah.. Martin is my uncle in Gympie (was just a wild stab) and lucky Jeff. Did he sell the ute?

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:14 am

RSR 555 wrote:Oh :( it looked very RSish. It's hard to see the the badge

Nah.. Martin is my uncle in Gympie (was just a wild stab) and lucky Jeff. Did he sell the ute?
Na , The ute is still for sale. It is a wonder people havent jumped at it. It is very much one of a kind.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Wow! You guys work fast! :P

The car looks good. I'm sure the owner will be very pleased with the outcome - or is it for one of you boys since the locking AWD box was dropped in?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Looks sweet... reminds me to start building my rear bar. Oh I'd love a subaxtreme one but I have better things to spend 4.5k on. lol

It certainly will be very capable :D

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:20 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Wow! You guys work fast! :P

The car looks good. I'm sure the owner will be very pleased with the outcome - or is it for one of you boys since the locking AWD box was dropped in?

Cheers

Bennie
Hey Bennie, Not for one of us. Our Gen 2's are not as set up, but not far off. But it doesnt matter how good the car is, it is the drivers capability in the end. Which reminds me, i need alot more practice.
taza wrote:Looks sweet... reminds me to start building my rear bar. Oh I'd love a subaxtreme one but I have better things to spend 4.5k on. lol

It certainly will be very capable :D
Thanks Mate.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Now for the finished product.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:30 pm

The write up is a very short summery of the build. There was alot of other things done, to make items all fit and work. Also it was not in line , time span wise , with the build. The write up was over about 4 days. The build took two to three months to do.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:53 am

rtcb65 wrote:The build took two to three months to do.
Phew.. here I was thinking you were pulling all nighters :p

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:39 am

RSR 555 wrote:Phew.. here I was thinking you were pulling all nighters :p
Not at my age . LOL . I am to O.C.D. to have a car done in four days.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”