Gf5 Clean Up.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Just finished the 1200 rub back and a buff cut. Polish goes on tomorrow.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:43 pm

You'd be amazed at how much shade the JDM wing gives to the rear window and the lower one is a great beer table lol.

You can sort of see the difference here.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:50 pm

d_generate wrote:You'd be amazed at how much shade the JDM wing gives to the rear window and the lower one is a great beer table lol.

You can sort of see the difference here.
The one closest to the camera is the one we are after. But either would do. I doubt i will find the G express front nudge bar though. Where did you find yours.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:05 am

Purely by arse, I had the car lifted and almost ready for rego and I went to a workshop to buy something, the back door was open, being nosy I had a gander and there sitting in the rack of front cuts was a Gravel Express, I couldn't believe my eyes and it had been there for something like 7yrs, he actually threw the rear bumper with wheel carrier away as nobody on the performance forums wanted it, I didn't want the front bumper as I had the later shaped one so I picked it up for either $100 or $150.

It's surprisingly strong as the car it was on had a decent smack in the front guard near the park light where something had hit the bar yet it was still straight and unmarked, under the plastic is like a 2" nudge bar where the chrome side supports (possibly spring steel) are welded to it, it had adjustable mounts where it fits the chassis but we strengthened it by cutting them off and welding it to a 50X50 RHS and bolted that between the rails and we put further supports back to the front X member, the bumper support is stronger also with two brackets poking through either side of the number plate where it also bolts to, not as flimsy as it looks.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:37 am

d_generate wrote:Purely by arse, I had the car lifted and almost ready for rego and I went to a workshop to buy something, the back door was open, being nosy I had a gander and there sitting in the rack of front cuts was a Gravel Express, I couldn't believe my eyes and it had been there for something like 7yrs, he actually threw the rear bumper with wheel carrier away as nobody on the performance forums wanted it, I didn't want the front bumper as I had the later shaped one so I picked it up for either $100 or $150.

It's surprisingly strong as the car it was on had a decent smack in the front guard near the park light where something had hit the bar yet it was still straight and unmarked, under the plastic is like a 2" nudge bar where the chrome side supports (possibly spring steel) are welded to it, it had adjustable mounts where it fits the chassis but we strengthened it by cutting them off and welding it to a 50X50 RHS and bolted that between the rails and we put further supports back to the front X member, the bumper support is stronger also with two brackets poking through either side of the number plate where it also bolts to, not as flimsy as it looks.
All i can say is, Great score.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:55 am

I too have to say it again... AWESOME !! that is great work right there Rick.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 pm

RSR 555 wrote:I too have to say it again... AWESOME !! that is great work right there Rick.
Thanks Paul.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 pm

While waiting for the dollars for rego. Might as well do more stuff to it, so in goes an alarm with triple cut out. Also a solenoid to make it keyless entry.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scoobie Doobie

Post by Scoobie Doobie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Hey Rick

Just in case you're interested

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Subaru-WRX-f ... 564bb10700

its a front cut from jap autos that has the the gravel express front bar on it
not sure if you're keen but you could send them an email and see if they'd be interested in parting it out or at least passing on your details to the eventual buyer should they wish to sell it on.

cheers

adam

ps. great work on the wagon
To tinker or not to tinker that is the question?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

roscoruby

Post by roscoruby » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:36 pm

I would like to do a big shout out to the Subie boys (Ross and Ricky). Today they did some maintenance on my car (that was long overdue). They changed all oils, filters, rotors, and they also did my gearbox, which had a little amount of oil in there. I very much appreciate what they have done, as I have no idea on how to do what they did today as i am a girl lol........ Thanks heaps Ross and Ricky very much appreciated. By the way I own a green subaru outback gen III
Ross
1996 Gen 2 liberty Wagon, manual with L series low range Awd and vlsd .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:58 am

Booked in for rwc on wednesday. Fingers crossed. A couple of pics of it ready.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Looking sweet three Rick. Any plans to get the lights to go in the front bumper?

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:08 pm

lovey80 wrote:Looking sweet three Rick. Any plans to get the lights to go in the front bumper?
There is lights behind the covers. We just painted the covers to match the bar . so when not using the lights, they dont get smashed .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 am

Passed the rwc. now to go vet the plates.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:34 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Passed the rwc. now to go vet the plates.
Excellent news Rick :cool:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Passed the rwc. now to go vet the plates.
Awesome, but we had no doubts about it passing!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:55 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Excellent news Rick :cool:
El_Freddo wrote:Awesome, but we had no doubts about it passing!

Cheers

Bennie
Thanks guys. We just dont know till we get it. Always thinking we missed something.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:02 pm

About a week ago we put a new radiator in , just to be sure . Now she is all plated up and already out on the town. Lol. Now to see how long it stays like it is. I would say , better shocks and springs in the future , or maybe forester shocks and springs to lift it alittle to finish off the gravel x look.

Here's a couple of pics of it plated up.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”