Rick's Outback

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:03 am

chridk wrote:Hey Rick lookin good, did you sort the shifter linkage problem ?
Cheers Chridk
Hey Chris,

Looks like we worked it out . Wont know totally , till i can take it for a drive. Still need the rear section of the tail shaft 900mm long before i can take it for the drive though.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Looks like it might be going blue soon than i wonted. I masked an area off to Fix up the paint . When it was sprayed , i took the masking tape off , and off come more clear coat. So blue it is.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Have those wheels been polished and re-cleared, they look pretty shiny compared to mine & I've been thinking of doing it too.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:37 am

What did you guys end up doing with the cruise control switch? This weekend I changed from a centre console mounted one like you have to a dash mounted one i picked up from the wreckers. Dash mounted one is in a much better position as its right near your hands when driving. Wiring was the same except for one wire which is just a different colour.

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Slowly getting it sanded back.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:11 pm

d_generate wrote:Have those wheels been polished and re-cleared, they look pretty shiny compared to mine & I've been thinking of doing it too.
Hey Mate
They haven't been done as you say . All i have done is run a cutting compound over them. The pic makes them look better than they really are..lol.

Venom wrote:What did you guys end up doing with the cruise control switch? This weekend I changed from a centre console mounted one like you have to a dash mounted one i picked up from the wreckers. Dash mounted one is in a much better position as its right near your hands when driving. Wiring was the same except for one wire which is just a different colour.

Cheers,
Rhys
Hey Venom,
That is what i am thinking of doing. Put the switch up onto the cluster surround , if it wont fit in any way with the range lever there now.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Diff ratio now changed to suit gearbox and reinstalled. Now to get a tail shaft.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:55 pm

So if i get the Wagon dropped off do you think you can give a quick Respray to... :P
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Matt wrote:So if i get the Wagon dropped off do you think you can give a quick Respray to... :P
Do you think you can afford us..:p
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Do you think you can afford us..:p
Your right i can't afford the $2! Bahaha! Jokes!

You guys do an awesome job!!!
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Had the door trims off today and found the speakers had seen better days. The best way i have found to fit new speakers , is try to use what is already there. Minimal adapting that way.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:00 pm

And on goes the undercoat.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Haha exactly the same thing i did with my speakers, i was pretty happy with the result too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:17 pm

hay Rick, what sort of blue are you going to put on the outback ?

Are you going with the blue metalic that would have come on that year of outback ?

Or maybe a WRK blue of some kind ? Maybe you will go with some other kind of blue
and not tell us till its all painted. And are you keep it two tone?

Whatever way you it will look good like all the things you guys put your hands on.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:34 am

Venom wrote:Haha exactly the same thing i did with my speakers, i was pretty happy with the result too.

Hey Venom, Seems to work well for the speakers. I found 6 inch speakers seem to fit the best. Is that the size you used.
riksta wrote:hay Rick, what sort of blue are you going to put on the outback ?

Are you going with the blue metalic that would have come on that year of outback ?

Or maybe a WRK blue of some kind ? Maybe you will go with some other kind of blue
and not tell us till its all painted. And are you keep it two tone?

Whatever way you it will look good like all the things you guys put your hands on.

Rik.
Hey Rik,

Na. it not a secret. I am tossing up two colours. Gen 2 or gen 3 blue. Yes i am going to keep it the 2 tone. I have always wonted to paint the 2 tone. Never got around to it with the M.Y.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Go for the new MY11 WRX blue, one of the guys over here had his 98 WRX done in it.........stunning colour.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:09 pm

d_generate wrote:Go for the new MY11 WRX blue, one of the guys over here had his 98 WRX done in it.........stunning colour.
Hey Mate,

I will keep that in mind when i buy the color.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:02 am

Here ya go.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:00 am

d_generate wrote:Here ya go.

Thanks Mate,

That looks almost the colour i had in mind. Give or take a couple of shades .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:45 am

that would look real nice Rick with the tow tone.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

Return to “Subie Boys”