Rick's Outback

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:44 am

rtcb65 wrote:It is to.Thanks for reminding me. Now to find a nice clear pic of it blue.

I think it might be time to update the signature pic as well.
Cool.. that looks better :p

You'll need to get all the blue suby boys back to get the updated sig :mrgreen:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

riksta

Post by riksta » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:19 pm

looks great Rick, must have missed the pic's go up of it all done and on the road. love that blue, well done Rick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:32 am

riksta wrote:looks great Rick, must have missed the pic's go up of it all done and on the road. love that blue, well done Rick.
Thanks Rik.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:42 pm

As said earlier on, a couple of posts back. I have put GT forester seat backs on the Gen 2 base. There is a reason. To make the forester seats fit the M.Y. fast, the tracks were basically, messed up. So not able to reuse. So we thought , lets see if the forester backs, fit the gen 2 seat. They did, so in they went. Now to , in the future, trim the seat backs to suit the car.

I have said in passing , on this tread, i have a liberty shift set in the out back. It don't work real well, as expected. Until now. Steve made a few adjustments and BINGO. Working.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Nice!

I'd love a set of those forester seats in my L!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Nice!

I'd love a set of those forester seats in my L!

Cheers

Bennie
He Bennie,

I like them. They are one of the nicest seats i have sat in. Even over long distance , i don't get the strain in the back from sitting for a long time. Now in saying that, i haven't had alot of experience across a large range of cars , so i can only speak from personal experience.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:49 pm

rtcb65 wrote:He Bennie,

I like them. They are one of the nicest seats i have sat in. Even over long distance , i don't get the strain in the back from sitting for a long time. Now in saying that, i haven't had alot of experience across a large range of cars , so i can only speak from personal experience.
How do they go in terms of keeping you in tight when the road gets bendy? I tend to slide around a bit in my outback seats...
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 am

ScubyRoo wrote:How do they go in terms of keeping you in tight when the road gets bendy? I tend to slide around a bit in my outback seats...
They do very well for me. Then again, i fill out the seat to the edge, middle age spread. LOL. When i had them in the M.Y. they worked well in the bush. Kept me contained well , so i could concentrate on where i was going, instead of trying to stay in my seat.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 am

I have the same drivers seat in my lib. I have done a heap of long trips in it and they are much more comfortable than the stock liberty seat.

The armrest is also great for long trips
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:17 pm

I'm back on the road. I put a turbo impreza box in and changed diff ratio's to suit 4:11.
But i changed my mind. Went for the same as i had . Dual range 3:9 ratio. I think i would have missed the D/R.
Many thanks to Jeff for all the help in finding the items.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:47 pm

We put 4.44 Cw & P and a front LSD in my 92 Lib dual range, made a huge difference. It sits on about 3,300rpm in 5th @ 100kph now.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:44 am

d_generate wrote:We put 4.44 Cw & P and a front LSD in my 92 Lib dual range, made a huge difference. It sits on about 3,300rpm in 5th @ 100kph now.
Hey Mate,

I would like to have stuck with the 4:11. But i have to go with the ratio of the box. Down the track, Way down the track , lol, once forester box's become more available and more into my price range. i would like to get one of them and put it in. I have a vlsd to put in , just have to find the cup ( outer piece of doj ) with the extra length / double spline , to be able to put it in.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:26 am

Just before we started on ross's ,fitting up of the forester roof console . We tried a test run on my outback , with a, either a usdm or jdm outback roof console.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Now that have been able to get back to do some work on our own cars. Today we got into doing some on the Outback, since i now have a set of Geolander A.T.s fitted .

Fitted a Crossbred Performance Diff protector, Need a couple of mods to fit, as there are two different types of mounting systems for the diffs, And as you can see , mine mounting system is different to the one the diff plate was made to suit. What is a little mod compared to the quality of the Crossbred products.

Also a Crossbred engine Bash plate , a mod there as the Outback has different mounting set up than the liberty.

And lastly , fitted up a Crossbred 2 inch Strut Lift.

Next on the agenda is the L series low range . Then we can go bush again.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Looking good there Rick!

You'll still be able to head out without the L low range, just that steep hill climbs will be more difficult than they would most likely be otherwise.

Check out Phizinza's write up that he's just done, it'd be pretty much exactly what you'd want ;)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:25 am

The mess you make when going the whole way , from auto to manual and try to fit climete control , where a normal heater system was. lol.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:23 pm

rtcb65 wrote:The mess you make when going the whole way , from auto to manual and try to fit climete control , where a normal heater system was. lol.
Crikey! There's no turning back now lol ;)
rtcb65 wrote:
Image__________________
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 2 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come.
Just saw this... Note the mirror with cute lil koalas. Then sig underneath..."Redneck Rick" hahaha :mrgreen:

BTW the roof console does look good. Is yours big enough to actually fit a pair of sunnies? Mine isnt...its just a tease lol :rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:45 am

Six months with the car not going and going out of my brain to work out what the problem . What a night mare. Thanks for every one who put idea's in . Almost renewed the entire car trying to find out what the problem was. You wont believe what it was.

One another note, if anyone knows of a couple of rear wagon wings for sale , or some one who may sell them . Please let me know.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Come on Rick spill it. What was the problem.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:35 pm

lovey80 wrote:Come on Rick spill it. What was the problem.
All i can say is, dont use Top Gun plug leads on a subaru. Brand new and only done just over 100 kms and they gave out. Now running Ngk leads and all is great.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”