Rosco's liberty wagon

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks to all who point us towards the TPS. So far the car is alot better , but not all the way there. So we are going to try to cheat again by setting up another ej22 that is known ( replacing timing belt , pulleys , water pump, etc ) and putting it in. The motor that is in it is unknown. So we are going to try another. The gearbox in the car is also now,, an unknown item, as it got rather warm with the original motor. So if anyone has a manual set up they wish to part with , feel free to contact us.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:29 am

Rick.. if possible? run a compression check on the engine before you pull it out.. it will hopefully give you a good idea on it's condition.

Cheers,
Paul
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:32 am

Hey Paul, too late... The old motor is already stripped down and the replacement motor is sitting on the bench twiddling its thumbs waiting for a water pump gasket. The replacement came from a good source and its only issue was a snapped timing belt. Ross and Rick checked it over before fitting it, which is why the water pump is being done now, as it was a bit tired.

Funny how it's easier to fit another motor than bother fitting a timing belt. Another thing you've gotta love about Subies...

A compression test would still be in order though, even if it won't have much influence on whether Ross fits it or not. If it's not good enough for him, he'll just replace it again in due course.
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:36 pm

No probs Steve.. you guys work fast :cool:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm

We are still having no luck with this car. So to find out if it is the motor or gearbox, the auto is coming out and a manual is going in. The dual range gen 1 box out of my outback is going in. I have another box to put in mine.

Out comes the box.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 am

Always the best way to fix an auto box problem.. I like it :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Always the best way to fix an auto box problem.. I like it :)
Ya not wrong there. Fixes all auto problems . The ones now and in the future. LOL .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Ok, gearbox's are now swapped . My gearbox is in Ross's car. Other gearbox is now in mine. Clutch , pedal box and cable is now in Ross's car. Oil clutch is now in mine.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:04 am

Ross's liberty is now all together other than a speedo cable. The auto one is short one end. LOL. now to source a cable.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:23 pm

And what's the verdict???

Is that an airbox mount on your engine stabiliser mount Rick or a water to air intercooler?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:59 pm

El_Freddo wrote:And what's the verdict???

Is that an airbox mount on your engine stabiliser mount Rick or a water to air intercooler?

Cheers

Bennie
After fitting another lift kit into another brumby and fitting a set of 27's to it ,we got the speedo cable worked out. A M.Y. speedo cable fits straight in. So Ross's car is finished. He has been out and about , and come back with a huge grin.

The mount on mine Bennie is for the standard air box on the intake. Sorry Bennie, it not a ej20t in there. I am to old for that kind of fright , My brain couldnt keep up with the speed of things go past. LOL.

Hopefully , mine will be finished over the week end, if all goes well.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm

rtcb65 wrote:I am to old for that kind of fright , My brain couldnt keep up with the speed of things go past. LOL.
Classic! Fight, I like that description...

As for your gearbox in your liberty, is this the one Alpine Raven built with the L's low range? Will be interested to know how it goes offroad, particularly against the other lib if its got the standard low range and same diff ratios...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Classic! Fight, I like that description...

As for your gearbox in your liberty, is this the one Alpine Raven built with the L's low range? Will be interested to know how it goes offroad, particularly against the other lib if its got the standard low range and same diff ratios...

Cheers

Bennie
Hey Bennie,

We haven't been off road yet, but took the boat out to the dam. Just pulling the boat out of the dam with the L Series low range is much easier than the standard low range. With that knowledge i would say it will p--s all over my low range in the outback.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:15 pm

Doing a little retro fitting ( if that is what it is called ) . We brought a forester roof console and are in the process of fitting it into the liberty . With the mounting side of the console being flat, and the roof of the liberty being of two angles, Steve made a piece to allow it to fit to the roof.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:03 pm

You're all over that shit Rick :p Nice work.. love to see the final product :cool:

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Here is a pic of it fitted. I will try to get a better one. This is only from a phone.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Can you please take some more pics showing a few differnt angles and possibly something not so zoomed in? A clock would be pretty handy in my lib.. and somewhere to keep my sunnies.
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Here is a pic of it fitted. I will try to get a better one. This is only from a phone.
Love to see some more shots but that looks AWESOME !! you da man Rick :cool:

btw.. how the hell did you get the forester clock to work.. aren't they inoperative from factory :p

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:26 pm

I think the clocks work in the factory, but the components fall of the circuit board when they're shipped over. Most likely the particular resonance of vibration from the ship's propeller superimposed over the droning from the main engine subsystems...

Anyway, we simply fix them, properly. Well, it's actually ME that fixes them, but Rick does the handling and the liaising and the passing the clock to me and saying "make it work"...
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 pm

last celtic warrior wrote:I think the clocks work in the factory, but the components fall of the circuit board when they're shipped over. Most likely the particular resonance of vibration from the ship's propeller superimposed over the droning from the main engine subsystems...

Anyway, we simply fix them, properly. Well, it's actually ME that fixes them, but Rick does the handling and the liaising and the passing the clock to me and saying "make it work"...
LOL.. nice Steve :) You guys do great work.. keep it up ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”