Subie Boys , Lovey80 Resto

rtcb65
General Member

Subie Boys , Lovey80 Resto

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:06 pm

The new project we are about to start on in the new year. I believe this one is a full resto as the wagon was . ( showthread.php?p=80544#post80544 )

This one is to have a ej conversion and all wheel drive box and all the bells and whistles. I am looking forward to this one as it will be our first ej conversion . It is a sweet starting point . Doesn't look to have much rust or damage in any way. But with saying that , ya never know till ya look deep into it. It already has a byb 2" lift kit and has the scopion 14" wheels and FT7 nangkang's .

The starting pics, or if ya like , the before pics.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks to Rick, Steve, Rosco and the rest of the Subi boys for agreeing to "pimp my ride". I would really have loved to have had the time to do this all myself but with overseas work committments this is just to hard to achieve. I also seriously doubt the finished product would be near the quality that the Subie boys can achieve.

So from my computer in the middle of the Sandpit i can watch my little "Scrappy" be pimped Gympie Style.

Cheers

Chris

Edit: A crucial sticking point in the project could be the aquisition of the RX Turbo rear end and the L-Series AWD box so if anyone comes across one please let us know it will be greatly appreciated!

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm

We started pulling it apart today. So far it is looking sweet . Not much repair work to do . By saying that, i hope i didnt jinx myself.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:17 pm

looks good so far guys, what shade of blue will this one be? or have you not got that far with it yet?

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:44 pm

riksta wrote:looks good so far guys, what shade of blue will this one be? or have you not got that far with it yet?

Rik.
At the moment it is looking to be painted a Gun Metal Gray color or similar. Blue has gone out the window except for the home subaru's.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:45 pm

Sweet as Boyz, looks like you have a mint one there. should be easyer that the last brumby eh?? EJ POWA. sweet.
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Slowly moving forward . The engine is out now.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:13 am

That engine bay is looking a whole lot cleaner than when I bought it...... it should do with the amount of hours with the high pressure cleaners and degreaser used on it.

I can't wait to see it on the spit!

Good work lads keep up the good work.

EDIT: Gearbox and Diff have been found.

Cheers

Chris

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:39 am

Awesome! Another Brumby job! I'm going to watch this one, too. Only a few months until I can start looking for a brumby myself! :D
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:16 pm

oooh this is gonna be interesting watch!!! Good Luck!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Gearbox and diff are out now. Next is to remove the doors and up she goes on to the chook cooker. At the moment , the reason this one is going a little slow is , we are trying to finish up a couple of other small jobs at the same time. Also small jobs come in to be done from day to day, so our full attention cant be given to this car.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Went to put it up on the chock cooker today. But we found that the rear mounts ( where a full length bumper would mount ) are different between brumbys . The last one we had on it, is different to this one, which is a bit of a bummer . So we have to do a couple of mods to make it fit.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:52 pm

I only know the 3 holes on each side in the outside of the chassis rail. What does the other one have?
Settlement Creek Racing

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:35 am

brumbyrunner wrote:I only know the 3 holes on each side in the outside of the chassis rail. What does the other one have?
There are holes in the back in the rails that ya could bolt a rear wagon bumper to . IF THEY FITTED , WHICH THEY DONT. Only thing is , from one brumby to the next , the holes are spaced differently . Half hole out here, half hole out there.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:40 pm

A bit more done , Better than nothing. Done the mod to put it up on the chock cooker. And up the back goes. Need the front down for a day or so to get access to the bumper mounts . Then it will go up.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:50 pm

We took a couple of things out today.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:08 am

A couple? Gee you lads move fast! Going great guns for a couple of lads hopped up on tripple strength coffee :D

Is that rust I see in the foot well either side of the gearbox tunnel?

Boys I am counting down the sleeps until I can come round and take a look at her on the spit....... not long now!

Cheers

Chris

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:03 am

Nah, you've got it wrong Chris... The coffee only slows us down, probably because it's NOT tripple strength. lol

I haven't had a good look through the inside yet, so don't yet know how much I'll get to cut out of your car, but I think what you're seeing is simply dirt. Once I start slicing though, you'll know how much rust is really in your car...

I'm already looking at cutting the back wall out of the cab, just 'cause I can.
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 am

lovey80 wrote:
Is that rust I see in the foot well either side of the gearbox tunnel?

Cheers

Chris
last celtic warrior wrote:

I'm already looking at cutting the back wall out of the cab, just 'cause I can.
Not cause you can , because the lower part needs replacing . Dont scare the poor bloke. lol.
And there are a couple of small spots needing attention as well. Just hope they aren't the ice burg theory.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Removed a bit more today. Chiseled the body/sound/heat deadner so we can see if there is any rust and it also allows access to the sub frame to clean it out and in time , apply a rust proofing.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”