LEONE PROJECT, Subie Boys.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Still havent given up on this one. It will move along as we get time and the dollars to get it done. It has moved alittle more . Put some body deadner on the fuel tank area and on the tank.
Funny thing was , i thought the cross member at the rear had to be moved to fit a wagon tank , but we put the wagon tank up and it goes straight in.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Have you got a photo of the rear badge work? And what year is it?
Owned - 89 Brumby, 83 Wagon, 83 Leone 4WD Sedan, 83 Touring Wagon, 99 Outback
Own - 87 Brumby, 93 Liberty, 09 Forester
Offroading Subarus Facebook Page

dibs

Post by dibs » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:30 pm

what box you using and do you have one m8s ??????

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Phizinza wrote:Have you got a photo of the rear badge work? And what year is it?
I will take a pic and post it for you and i believe it is a 82 model , but i am not 100% sure .
dibs wrote:what box you using and do you have one m8s ??????

dibs
Hey Dibs, At the moment we have a single range we are going to use as it is a good one. Why do you ask .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Got a few more things done to , changed out the fuel tank sender unit as the dash is the six gauge one ( thats what i call it ) which has the fuel light warning which needed the sender with the 2 wires.

Fitted in the wagon rear suspension and 2 inch lift kit.

And diff. Still a few more items to go to have the rear finished

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Definitely an '82. Straight grille is a giveaway. Some '82s have chrome bumpers and others have black plastic, same with '83s, but I've only seen the straight grille on an 82. 81 had the (rare) >==< grille design (and optional 3rd eye, though I don't know if that was offered here), and 80 had round headlights.

Of course, Subaru could have used up old stock but it has all the pre-83 hallmarks (chrome bumpers, chrome fuel cap, straight grille are the obvious ones).

You guys must get a heck of a deal on paint - everything is always freshly painted!

Dean.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:14 pm

dfoyl wrote:
You guys must get a heck of a deal on paint - everything is always freshly painted!

Dean.
We only get, depending on who serves us , 5% off the cost of our paint .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dibs

Post by dibs » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:24 pm

text me your mbl no got a deal 4 ya

dibs 0421865633
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

roscoruby

Post by roscoruby » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:22 pm

We now have the lift in the front of the leone and the gearbox.

Ross
1996 Gen 2 liberty Wagon, manual with L series low range Awd and vlsd .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dibs

Post by dibs » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:46 pm

deal stillthere m8 gota go to sydney mums in hospital and been told to get down there .

ile get it up there when i get back .unless your down my way n you can pick it up.

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Run new wires to suit the manual gearbox and put the rest of the front end in and had to do up another diff. The rubber bush in my diff mount was flogged out so we took the diff out of this one and put in mine . Also the person who had it before me took it to fraser in standard form and when going onto the ferry , connected the diff bolts on the ramp and bent them a cracked the diff housing. so i thought it was time to replace the diff . That is why we had to do up another diff for this car.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:07 pm

Put in the manual pedal box and connected it up . Also put the rear drive shafts today . Have to check on a couple of wires to make the 4wd lights , lite up , and the low range ones as well . As this was a 2wd auto , we have to track the harness to see what is there and what isnt.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Rick, if you have keeped the wireing loom out of the wagon you got from me, all the wires you wont will be there.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Ross and Steve made a exhaust up for the leone today. We had a couple of left over systems and they mi9xed and matched them together to make a half decent one up.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:28 am

It looks a bit low to me Rick, the first bit of off roading you do will take it out.
You should be able to get it right up next to the floor out of the way.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:08 am

Probably just the angle of the photo Rik, giving an optical illusion. I'll check it out in a couple of hours and see if it's just the photo or if we need to move it up a bit. Didn't have time yesterday arvo to have a look under the middle of the car, as I was only worried about the "Y" pipe and tail end at the time.
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:03 am

riksta wrote:It looks a bit low to me Rick, the first bit of off roading you do will take it out.
You should be able to get it right up next to the floor out of the way.

Rik.
You are right Rik. It was easy fixed. You could say i was getting ahead of my self. I took the pic before the tail pipe was put on and the rubbers were connected. My fault. I will take a pic of it totally connected.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:49 pm

Ross done some more one it today, Put in the range lever mount and fitted it out.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Final trim will be a bit flashier than what you can see in that pic. This is just a fitup and then everything will be renewed...
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:46 pm

I have soooo neglected my watch on this thread, I'm up to date now though (Broadband in benders is good) :D

Its looking good! Just wondering how you got on with the wiring/lights for the 4wd lights on the dashboard - I'm yet to bust Sunnie's dash open again to see if its just a case of adding some globes into the dash (this is what I'm hoping it is) as we don't get any lights indicating 4wd let along 4wd low...

Its also good to see that you're getting stuck into the 4wd system install to the original 2wd layout - did you have to drill holes/add captive nuts to do the job or were they already there?

I'm also guessing that you're getting all together the way you want it to be before you pull it all apart again to do a full strip down and rebuild, am I right in saying this?

I'm amazed at the number of subi's you're working on now - how do you find time to go and play in them?!

Excellent work, would love to drop in on you someday!

Cheers

Bennie

PS - love the subi boys logo embroided in the pics of the hubs, looks VERY professional! Two thumbs up ;)
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Subie Boys”