Subie Boys , Lovey80 Resto

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:10 am

Getting excited boys. All coming together now. Just thinking about the rubbing issue of the canopy straps. What about a bumpy coat down to where the pin holes are and make it the same colour as the body? Like whats underneath but gun the gun grey colour? Pretty sure it has been done before on new utes? Those surge tanks look the goods don't they.

Cheers

Chris

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon May 10, 2010 4:09 pm

One more step towards the end . We have taken the diff back out to fit a clutch pack diff centre to it. Also put a little bit of blade putty in any of the area's that needed it and sanded it all back. Now the brumby is masked up to spray a bumpy coat to cut back on the cover straps from rubbing through to the metal. Done at owners request.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon May 10, 2010 10:24 pm

Nice. Looking great fellas. Very jealous about your skills. I know I won't get them over night, but I might get them some day...

Cheers!

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 pm

The diff has been ground out a little to fit the new center in.Also the bearings were abit to far gone , so new bearing to go on the diff hemisphere . Now have the E.F.I. fuel pump and the standard fuel pump and bracket have been cleaned up and painted.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:00 pm

In between doing a lot of other stuff, Ross , Steve and myself put the clutch pack center in, and shimmed up and installed in to the brumby , along with a Crossbred Performance diff protector. Also sanded a few panels ready for coat 3 and 4 of undercoat.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Fri May 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Rick what are you doing, trying to hide your face are you?

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat May 15, 2010 8:06 am

riksta wrote:Rick what are you doing, trying to hide your face are you?

Rik.
We took a pic , and black items dont show up in a black back back ground . So i held up the paper to give a lighter back ground , so the items would show up.. I was going to type : Yes , to keep my ID a secret. But that wouldn't work , because we have met. LOL.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:59 pm

riksta wrote:Rick what are you doing, trying to hide your face are you?

Rik.
Read the fine print. "Nature flaunts Beauty"! lol.

Out of curiosity how many coats do you lads do of under coat/colour etc?

That diff protector certainly looks the goods. Im certainly going to have a hard time making any improvements to this beast once your done.

Cheers

Chris

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:11 am

lovey80 wrote:
Out of curiosity how many coats do you lads do of under coat/colour etc?

Cheers

Chris
Hey Chris,

Two answer your question, we are learning with this type of paint. So we are putting enough coats of undercoat so , once rubbed back, there is no rub through .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:40 pm

One more step done. The body has had 2 more coats of undercoat put on it. Also the window rubber mountings have been undercoated. Next is the doors and so on.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue May 18, 2010 10:50 am

Getting there hey... coming up nicely!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Hey A.P.

Yes , slowly. But surely. Better to go a little slower, and get it right , than go at a bat out of hell and get it wrong.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:49 pm

Today a few more items got the next set of coats of undercoat.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:10 pm

With the rain coming in today and tomorrow, we are unable to lay down and undercoat. So to keep moving things forward, we checked the wiring harness to see what had to be changed , to fit it with the battery box in the back now and with the number plate lights now being on the rear bumper.

Also started to think about the door trims. Had a couple of ideas.
Last but not least, the 4000 lb winch turned up today.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Started to fit the wiring back into the car. Had to adjust some of it , as the wheel well is now in the way.

The fuel tank sender wire run round the wheel well. Now to clip in in place.

Out of the chassis and into the wheel well.

Out of the wheel well , Grommet and all.

Number plate light wires redirected to go into the rear steel bumper.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brumby Boy

Post by Brumby Boy » Sun May 23, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm interested in how your going to mount that winch as I want to fit one to my ute. I'm not sure the standard mount for the bull bar will be sufficient for pulling the car from.
Long live the 1990 Subaru Brumby 2" lifted and soon to be mig locked
RIP 1992 Brumby

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2507954
http://www.myspace.com/brumby_boy

few self-respecting ricers would spend the time to modify a Daewoo.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Brumby Boy wrote:I'm interested in how your going to mount that winch as I want to fit one to my ute. I'm not sure the standard mount for the bull bar will be sufficient for pulling the car from.
Hey BB,

Keep watching and you will find out. And just to let people know,,, we WONT be taking orders.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Mon May 24, 2010 7:09 am

rtcb65 wrote:Hey BB,

Keep watching and you will find out. And just to let people know,,, we WONT be taking orders.
Damn Blast ! ........... I was going to ship my new 'Scruffy Do' brumby down under for your full treatment.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:48 pm

1111giles wrote:Damn Blast ! ........... I was going to ship my new 'Scruffy Do' brumby down under for your full treatment.
Sorry Giles, we are going to spend some time on our own cars. Our cars are suffering from the lack of time spent on them.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Today we put down some under coat on the rest of the items , so all now have 4 coats. The fuel pump , surge tank and the EFI pump are fitted up. Also put some spray putty to fill any small imperfections.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”