Subie Boys , Lovey80 Resto

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:11 pm

The other side of the well well is in so it is now finished. Also the capitulated nuts that the bolts broke off in, are now replaced . A couple of holes that are not need any more are almost the end of the fab work.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Point

Post by Point » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Top job as usual guys!

just wondering why you decided to move the wheel well up again?
90 Brumby - Stalled EJ project
98 Forester GX
02 Forester XS Luxury

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Point wrote:Top job as usual guys!

just wondering why you decided to move the wheel well up again?
HEy Point,

The reason for moving it was, just in case the lift had to come out for any reason, the tail shaft would still be able to be used to keep it 4wd capable. With the well down , and if for any reason the lift kit had to be taken out, the tail shaft would not fit. Just trying to catering for anything that may come up in the future , with in reason.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subiegirl

Post by Subiegirl » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:52 pm

I just read this entire forum...all i can say is WOW~~
i just picked up a 92 Brumby in good nick with only 136 000 original kms and am keen to work on it, really want to strip it back to bare metal and respray in Gun Metal Grey with 2 Black speed stripes on bonnet. Not looking at an engine conversion, as the original is beautiful, but carby mod for sure, and few other bits and pieces to improve overall performance. It's hard for a girl to get a decent job done anywhere, so i've been researching. You guys rock my world! The workmanship and dedication is amazing. Keep it up! I wish you guys were in Brissy, i don't trust just anyone with my brumby. Can't wait for the next update..i'm hooked!

cheers
tash

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Subiegirl wrote:I just read this entire forum...all i can say is WOW~~
i just picked up a 92 Brumby in good nick with only 136 000 original kms and am keen to work on it, really want to strip it back to bare metal and respray in Gun Metal Grey with 2 Black speed stripes on bonnet. Not looking at an engine conversion, as the original is beautiful, but carby mod for sure, and few other bits and pieces to improve overall performance. It's hard for a girl to get a decent job done anywhere, so i've been researching. You guys rock my world! The workmanship and dedication is amazing. Keep it up! I wish you guys were in Brissy, i don't trust just anyone with my brumby. Can't wait for the next update..i'm hooked!

cheers
tash
Thank you Tash. Feel free to ask us anything you need to know. If we can help out , we will. If ever up this way , feel free to drop in. If you wish to talk about anything , P.M. me and i will give you my mobile number.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subiegirl

Post by Subiegirl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:08 am

hey thanks a lot.. i'm sure i'll be bugging you with all sorts of questions, as soon as i sell my other car to fund my little brumby project!! I'm no expert, but i am going to try and do alot of the work myself...just gotta get my greasemonkey suit on, and some really great advice goes a long way in learning these things. wish me luck!

cheers
tash

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:11 pm

The last mod has been started. Steve is making a mount for a deep cycle battery. Box, door and all.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Looking good and its gonna be an interesting brumby!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Just a couple more pics. The door for this battery box needed to be pretty resistant to things being dumped on it, as it's right at the back of the ute bed. It may look like it belongs on a Hummer, but it's going back into the "H4" Brumby.

Hinges were actually cut out of a bit of 65mm medium pipe wall, as I didn't have any plate heavy enough sitting around. The rest of the frame is folded 1.2mm gal sheet. Came up quite nice, considering it'll be almost invisible on the finished car.

Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Again top stuff there lads. Im getting really excited to see this bad boy done! She certainly will be a unique little ute.

Cheers

Chris

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

We put the first coats on the floor. Undercoat, and body deadner with penertrol in them. Once dry, then a couple of coats chassis black with fish oil in it.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:54 pm

A little more done . Inside the cab is now got a coat of deadner on it.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 am

Go go go boys go! I'm sitting over here cheering you on. Looks bloody great lads!

Cheers

Chris

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:36 pm

On goes the chassis black with the fish oil in it. Inside the cab and some wheel arches and engine bay have there first coat.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:56 pm

Unbelievable....
Settlement Creek Racing

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:32 pm

A little update . The floor pan has it's first coat of chassis black with the fish oil in it. Steve got a little further with the battery box. Made so hinge mounts and recessed them into part of the chassis .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm

I forgot to put this in the earlier post . Cost to the owner of the brumby to this point $1,500.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Thooking fantastic lads. i bet your garage doesn't smell the best right now with all that fishoil flying around. Just have to keep the coffee up to ya's

Cheers

Chris

justincase41

Post by justincase41 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:49 am

How do you apply the underseal? Do you use a underseal gun or just a standard spray gun with a bigger nozzle? Is there a special mix ratio you use when mixing the underseal and fish oil, or just a bit of that and a splash of that? GREAT WORK!!
Current :
1992 Brumby (Future EJ20 Conversion)
2007 Toyota Prado 120
2012 Great Wall V200 (daily driver)
1997 Subaru Outback
1999 Toyota Surf (Beach Basher)
Past:
To Many to list!

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:37 am

justincase41 wrote:How do you apply the underseal? Do you use a underseal gun or just a standard spray gun with a bigger nozzle? Is there a special mix ratio you use when mixing the underseal and fish oil, or just a bit of that and a splash of that? GREAT WORK!!
Hey Mate,

Which coat do you mean, If the first one ( bumpy one ) it is applied with a proof coat gun. The chassis black is applied with a old spray gun.

Ratio : Bumpy coat ( Under body coat/sound deadner ) We use about 5% penatrol in it .

: Chassis Black , we use about 20% fish oil in the mix.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”