LEONE PROJECT, Subie Boys.

kiwi_subaru

Post by kiwi_subaru » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:58 pm

hey thats what my buggy started out as. Is it 4wd?
I rather be 4wding in my Subaru buggy MY body with 600mm cut out. EA82T dual range (1.59/1 ) twin hand brakes, welded rear diff, 12.5 wide atv tyres.

LEALAROO

Post by LEALAROO » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Everyone s comments have been great. It does my heart proud to see all this positive feedback. I know it is really lifting the boys spirits too, cash flow is abit slow at the moment so they are getting a little edgey.
The Leone will be 4wd, she specifically wants to follow us when we go bush. She loves it.
As Rick said previously thank's to all for the support,it's great & keep it coming everyone.
Lea

Subie Boys's
Roscoruby's

Better Half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 pm

LEALAROO wrote:Everyone s comments have been great. It does my heart proud to see all this positive feedback. I know it is really lifting the boys spirits too, cash flow is abit slow at the moment so they are getting a little edgey.
The Leone will be 4wd, she specifically wants to follow us when we go bush. She loves it.
As Rick said previously thank's to all for the support,it's great & keep it coming everyone.
that’s what this little online communities all about :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

tommo

Post by tommo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 pm

You guys make it look so easy too!
Despite owning an L series I've always (and still do) liked the look of the MYs better so I love seein all the wagons you guys have restored.
Keep up the good work.

riksta

Post by riksta » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Out of all the Subarus ever made the MY is still (I think) the most offroadable
of them all. I still miss mine and all fun I had in it, it's just to small for me now with a wife and 3 kids.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:54 pm

And the airline seats inside with sick backs inthe backrests
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

rtcb65
General Member

4wd

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:48 pm

kiwi_subaru wrote:hey thats what my buggy started out as. Is it 4wd?
It is not 4wd YET....lol. The plans are in place.We have decided so far, to get the parts ready first. Clean and rust proof the parts and give them a coat of a heavy duty paint before taking the leone apart. EG : the diff, and all of the rear suspension , Fuel tank, front struts .

By doing it this way, the leone is still movable. In and out of the shed for room and to get back in out of storms. For it's age , it is in good nick. We dont wont it out in a storm and get more damage.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Take Two

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:32 am

We havent been able to move forward very much, as we have had to deal with a couple of other things, Eg ; Tow steve home, My boys first ever asthma attack.

Now it looks like we will have another leone on the go . It was cheaper to buy a whole car , rather than just a motor. This is how we get our parts. Buy a whole car , for a couple of parts which leaves plenty for later. I would say a lot of you do the same thing. Some time in the future there will be another thread for the second leone. Also trying to get a wagon from a member. So there will be one for it to.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Cleaning parts

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:06 pm

As said before , we have been getting parts together and cleaning them up. Still have a few things to get yet. But are getting there slowly.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:09 pm

We had to take some parts off the car to finish the wagon project off. So we replaced them today and now ross's and my car are now on 14' wheels we put the 13' on the leone .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cam

Post by Cam » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:18 pm

These build ups are awesome, it's really good to see decent workmanship rather than the (sub) standard seen in most panel shops. Just wondering how many people make up the subie boys?

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Cam wrote:These build ups are awesome, it's really good to see decent workmanship rather than the (sub) standard seen in most panel shops. Just wondering how many people make up the subie boys?
As the pic at the bottom ( signature ) shows. Each person in the signature represents each one of us. The big bloke with the hammer is Ross. the one in the middle with the grinder and long hair is myself and the one in the helmet and with welding rod is steve.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 pm

How is this Leone going? What are the official plans for it apart from installing 4WD gear - are you gonna use EA81??
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 am

AlpineRaven wrote:How is this Leone going? What are the official plans for it apart from installing 4WD gear - are you gonna use EA81??
Cheers
AP
Like the rest of the home cars, ea81 is the engine we are sticking with. The reason for this is, they are in the car, we have spares and the main reason is we have not done a ej conversion as yet and cant afford one. who on a pension can afford to blow 3 plus grand on a half cut. Remember we dont charge any thing for labor , it is our way to give back to the people for our pension.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2coupedup

Post by 2coupedup » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:44 am

that there is workmanship, good will and inspiration...

you guys are awesome...
I LIKE THEM PRETTY YET TOUGH...LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Slowly but surely getting the items together for the leone. Once we have them all, we then can start on the car it self.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Now that the projects are on hold till the new year, we can get things done on the home cars. We put together a lift kit (2") and got a few more things ready to go into it. Heaps left to go . But it is moving forward slowly.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:36 pm

I was designing a new club sticker and asked the forum for a photo of am MY and Will sent me the one of the car here it is but we didn't use the sticker.
Great work you're doing:D

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:09 pm

Yep, we got the leone from Will. We have had it for a while now and are slowly getting things together for it . We have put our time into the projects so our cars have suffered alittle. Hopefully the next 3 to 4 weeks are going to change that.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:00 am

I'm looking forward to the continuation of this thread, as much so as being able to start my own.
Cheers, Mark

Return to “Subie Boys”