Subie Boys , Lovey80 Resto

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:40 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:Fair enough sounds good.. keep it up and cant wait to see the end project...
Cheers
AP
Hey Tristan,

I got the package deal from Jeff at Crossbred Performance. With the mods on the gearbox and the motor is tested and cut down loom and computer. This way , being for not one of us, we have to know it all works.

The gearbox i got from you, is going into mine , with a EJ 22 and with the cut down loom in the deal, I got a loom and cut it down , using the one from a package deal to follow. Lucky for me, both looms and EJ 22 are around the same year model.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Hey Tristan,

I got the package deal from Jeff at Crossbred Performance. With the mods on the gearbox and the motor is tested and cut down loom and computer. This way , being for not one of us, we have to know it all works.

The gearbox i got from you, is going into mine , with a EJ 22 and with the cut down loom in the deal, I got a loom and cut it down , using the one from a package deal to follow. Lucky for me, both looms and EJ 22 are around the same year model.
Awesome.. lucky! keep us informed...
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:47 am

heya Boyz, sorry i havent spoke to yaz 4 a while. havent had time. still have your loom here, waiting for someone going down that way to take it for me. if u NEED it, just say, and ill post it on down. i havent forgotabout yaz. cheers, Rohan M
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:23 pm

One small step closer, just got one of the doors done. Straightened , panel beaten, bogged and etched. also starting to get the mountings ready for the rollbar and finished so there are no bare holes once car is painted.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Going great guys! Your just teasing me by having that roll bar in the back arent you!

Cheers

Chris

stinky

Post by stinky » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:22 pm

nice rollbar! :)
'91 brumby, EJ-Turbo with VOSChip, 2" lift, 15" superlites, Dual Range AWD.

'93 Subaru Legacy, 2.2 auto, automatic seatbelts, LHD.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:21 am

stinky wrote:nice rollbar! :)
Hey Paul, It is a nice rollbar. I wonder where it come from. LOL.

I wish this rain would back off a little so we can do more . With the moisture in the air, we cant do any spraying or bogging . It traps the moisture under what ever is laid down and we all know what happens 6 months later.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brumby Boy

Post by Brumby Boy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:57 pm

wow, just wow, I WANN IT haha, cant believe the progress on this thing since November when I lost my internet. My brumby is coming along, just wish I had the skills and time let alone the cash to fab some of this stuff for mine, definatly two thums up to the quality of craftsmanship...
Long live the 1990 Subaru Brumby 2" lifted and soon to be mig locked
RIP 1992 Brumby

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2507954
http://www.myspace.com/brumby_boy

few self-respecting ricers would spend the time to modify a Daewoo.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Brumby Boy wrote:wow, just wow, I WANN IT haha, cant believe the progress on this thing since November when I lost my internet. My brumby is coming along, just wish I had the skills and time let alone the cash to fab some of this stuff for mine, definatly two thums up to the quality of craftsmanship...
Thanks BB,

A few more things done,

Guards have rust cut off them and new pieces fabricated by Steve and welded in. One more door straightened ready for Ross and i and the rain to stop to do our part.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 pm

With this rain about , and may be around for the next 2 to 3 months , there isn't much we can do about the panal work. After getting a few outside jobs out of the way. Steve started on the rear bumper.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:27 pm

The rear bumper is one step closer .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Now the rear bumper is even closer to being done.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:43 am

Looking bloody great guys. Will be good to get the number plate out of the original position too as the tow bar obsucres the plate and the coppers dont like that. The front bar will be even more interesting. Keep up the good work lads. Any chance you could chain steve to a post in the shed like a slave?

Cheers

Chris

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:46 am

Impressive!!! Getting there to finish hey...
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 am

Careful mate (lovey80), any more suggestions of enslaving me and I'll weld your battery box shut, with you in it... LOL (And don't think for a second that I can't, you've seen what I'm capable of...)

When I get the time, I'll do some work on mine, since it's lacking a lot of the things I've developed and installed in other peoples' cars. There'll be even more "trickery", "nothing's impossible" and "overkill" going into the replacement body for mine...
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Ha ha ha ha! Gold! Your certainly capable of great things! Just glad your on my side? Until You kick yours off I'll have the best little overkill subie in the area. That bar looks total quality as usual. Home in a couple of weeks! Fingers crossed that weather pisses off and I'll be able to get out for a fish and send some up.

Rick- I am going to buy seagulls Cusco LSD I'll bring it up with me when I come see you. That will have all the major searching for parts done.

Cheers

Chris

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Steve almost finished the bumper to day. Put in some encapsulated nuts and then grind back the welds , and it goes in line with the paint work.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 pm

beautiful work!

what about a scallop out of hte bottom for the exhaust to be tucked up into?
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:33 am

vincentvega wrote:beautiful work!

what about a scallop out of hte bottom for the exhaust to be tucked up into?
There is no need to recess for the exhaust. The bumpers are made the same size as the originals ( wagon width and height ) . The standard M.Y.'s dont have a recess for the exhaust.

A pic of a earlier brumby we have done with a full width steel bumper.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:09 am

That looks really good fellas!
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Return to “Subie Boys”