Doug's EA81 Rebuild stuff.

Detailed reference pages on Members special projects ...
Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:27 am

Quicker for me. same for you ;). Moving this weekend. Heaps nicer house then down here in ghetto town. Brother's also got a unit that I can use to work on stuff. Wont tell ya where that is or you might think Im stalking you :D.

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:37 am

Yeah mate.. quicker for you :)

Where's the new shop? I already know your stalking me but I can't blame you.. I'm just that kinda guy... Hahaha
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:55 am

Unit is just off of Nasmyth road. Mostly boat stuff but there's a few other tools like drill press and welders and assorted hand tools.

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:25 am

Cool.. sounds good. I'll drop in and meet him when you're there.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 pm

No worries Mate,

Whatya think of my new shed,

If I cleaned up all my crap from moving, easy 4 cars in it.

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Looks like a pretty good sized shed and love the pit.

Does this mean you've already moved? and when is the house warming party/bbq?

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Yeah mate, moved last weekend. 3 loads with the wagon and the fridge and bed in my bro's van. Sorting out the annoying stuff like internet and TV now. Quicker to work with a bakery on Parkin st to get brekky ;)

House warming BBQ? When you bring a BBQ around and cook some food ;). I think I have 1 plate...maybe 2. About 1 piece of each silverware. Fridge has some apples in it...that's about it!

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 pm

LOL.. I remember doing the same when I was young. I used to live out of a suitcase and had a mattress on the floor. Shared a house with my sister and her 2 friends and we had a fridge, outdoor table and chairs (as our dinner table), 4 bean bags and a small TV on a box in the lounge room... those were the days :)

Now you're living close, you'll have to come out to the beachside on Friday nights for fish'n'chips on the beach during summer.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah I try to keep the amount of stuff I own to a minimum, usually giving away things or throwing it out. Usual rule I follow is if I haven't used it in the last 12 months it goes in the bin.

Sounds like a plan mate, can even bring the dinghy down for a laugh or two.

Anyway, back on the subject of ea81's, when I see my friend tomorrow il get the compression results off of him. Asked him to do a wet and dry test on all cylinders. I did have a thought though, if they are ok, I can just slap the heads off of my old motor onto his as they are in decent shape from when I blew a hg a while back. If your keen for the work and dollars then happy to put you in touch with him, otherwise il do it.

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 pm

No worries Doug. I think you'd be able to help him out, which could save him some $$ but if you need my help, then I'll be here.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Thats an awesome garage...complete with pit! :twisted:

You guys have great fish & chips. Dju fish is the best I've ever had :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Cheers mate, was under the old wedge the other day inspecting some chassis rust. Ouch! definitely need to get on top of that quickly!

Paul, I remember this article from when I did my wiring, very similar to how I did mine but not exactly.

http://offroadingsubarus.com/headlight_relaymod.html

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks Doug :)

I did however find that the prevous owner have used the WRX wiring and just added all the other bits to it but man, what a mess !! I tried to call Taza to come and help but he's not answering my calls but that's another story.

I now have those new lights working like they should and even wired them up to turn off when the ignition is shut down.. woohoo

Now just to wire in those LEDs

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Here's the latest pic

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:35 pm

You gotta an old Magna too Paul? :p

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Nice Job mate, Tidied up the front to no end! Glad you worked out the wiring, it seemed like a bit of a nightmare :(. Like i said though, chasing any cable or crimps just yell out and i can get it thru my work at wholesale prices.

Do you think you'l do anything about the rest of the loom? Im gonna make up a relay box like I said for mine, though It will probably all be solid state, but thats for later.

Getting good fuel economy with the little wagon now. Turns out burning oil is no substitute for fuel :rolleyes: down to about 8.5L per 100km.

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:43 am

NachaLuva wrote:You guys have great fish & chips. Dju fish is the best I've ever had :mrgreen:
Yeah the WA Dhufish has to be one of the nicest fish to eat but my favourite is a Robbo Bream.
steptoe wrote:You gotta an old Magna too Paul? :p
Nope.. why would I have a Magna?
Subydoug wrote:Nice Job mate, Tidied up the front to no end! Glad you worked out the wiring, it seemed like a bit of a nightmare :(. Like i said though, chasing any cable or crimps just yell out and i can get it thru my work at wholesale prices.
Thanks bro. Did I mention that I hate wiring? haha

I've still got a few more bits to finish off but I'm getting there slowly. I will need some more supplies once I finish this off.
Subydoug wrote:Do you think you'l do anything about the rest of the loom? Im gonna make up a relay box like I said for mine, though It will probably all be solid state, but thats for later.
I would definitely like to make that central fuse/relay box that we talked about but that might be down the track a bit.
Subydoug wrote:Getting good fuel economy with the little wagon now. Turns out burning oil is no substitute for fuel :rolleyes: down to about 8.5L per 100km.
LOL.. you could have sold your petrol/diesel invention to Subaru but I think they already perfected it :p

8.5 is great.. who said EFI is better :D

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:05 am

Hehe, yeah you mentioned it once or twice. Still though mate, could be worse. I only have around 3000 LED's left on my cube....:D. then just gotta make all the connections to drive it.....another 272 leads to connect.

Diesel EA81 would be mint. I doubt the block is really up to it though. It has crossed my mind how good it would be to have a little 4 banger yota 2.4l under the hood from an early hilux.

Unfortunately, MPFI EA82 says EFI is better :(. Not to stress though Paul as I hope to get cracking on that Harley throttle body soon :D. So much to do, one piece at a time.

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:10 am

Yeah.. can't wait to see that LED cube working.. sounds awesome.

Speaking of LEDs.. I got them working and man !! what a difference they make. I can't believe how good they work :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:45 am

Subydoug wrote: So much to do, one piece at a time.
I found the answer to this is have more than one Subie to play with, actually you are there, the answer is upgraded to me than two, and if that ain't enough get a third - I did.....ummm, then a fourth,and mmm...dare I say a fifth to really make things complex :oops: ......

Return to “Restorations and Project Build Ups.”