Bought a new Foz

Detailed reference pages on Members special projects ...
taza
General Member

Bought a new Foz

Post by taza » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Well I couldn't help myself. Went down south to see my brother today... while explaining my car problems he mentioned a mate of his who had a Foz like mine and it was in an accident...
Anyway it's a 1998 GX model (no airbags or abs), manual and has 130,000km on it. Was crashed in 2008 and has been sitting out the back of the guys house ever since(hasn't been ran since but the timing belt cover is undamaged). He is a mechanic and had rebuilt the motor as something happened to it so there is less than 40,000km on the motor!!
There is only damage to the front of the car, drivers side only, pretty minor. Damage was above the chassis rail right where the headlight is.. so it'll need a new bonnet, fender, headlight, new rim, tyre and front bumper. Oh new radiator, condenser and probably the body mounting around the headlight will need to be repaired/replaced...
The rest of the car is really straight, apart from the cob webs and spiders.
Scored the whole thing for $1500 and it'd be worth around $5000 or there abouts(licensed with those kind of km).. I am picking it up at the end of January. So it's my little project to fix up and probably keep as a spare/cheap car to run around in Might give it to my dad as his old diesel ute isn't very economical or comfortable and he always complains about it..

This is a photo of it from around 2006(was emailed the photo).. It's still in pretty good nic and will be sweet with the front end repaired and a good polish

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Hmm... Interesting!

Look after this one! And I hope the repairs are as smooth as you reckon they're going to be ;)

Going to lift it for your dad :twisted: - it'll help him get in and out of it :lol:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Hmm... Interesting!

Look after this one! And I hope the repairs are as smooth as you reckon they're going to be ;)

Going to lift it for your dad :twisted: - it'll help him get in and out of it :lol:

Yeah there is abit of work involved in repairing it but I'm not in a rush like I am with my one so I don't care if it takes a few months. It won't be going offroad or if it does it'll just be some minor beach work which in stock form they are very capable of that ;)

Nope no lifts, maybe a CD player if he's lucky :p

The front upper support where the radiator bolts up will have to be cut out and a new one rewelded but I know of someone who has done it on a Foz and can help me out.. Aslong as it's done properly getting it licenced won't be an issue.
It's mainly new bolt on parts that are needed and the chassis rail was missed by the collision so thats not an issue.
Should be fun anyway, something different for me to do.
I know in stock form they go alright(power wise) and have good fuel economy of way under 10l to the 100km and they are a comfy car so thats the main thing.

I don't have any pics at the moment as I forgot and the car is 150km south of perth :(

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:11 pm

Awesome Taza :cool:

Hopefully with the work done on the engine it'll give years of fuss free fourwheelin ;-):mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Return to “Restorations and Project Build Ups.”