Claudia rebuild (MY Wagon) Warning Pics

Detailed reference pages on Members special projects ...
Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 am

I think they had L Series control arms as well, thus creating the problem :) Although i am running that it bianca. :)
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi Matt. Congratulations..looks the goods and a top job. Yes briefly the car had L hubs to carry the L series calipers. The hubs are different to the MY hubs so I had to go back to Brumby hubs to correct the over positive camber. L series control arms corrected the camber but put the wheel too far back in the wheel well and caused problems with short life on the inner CV boot being too close to the turbo heat. Now just run standard brumby front end.
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Awesome work, well done.

Like to hear more about it, in particular the winch bar.

more pics too!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2006 Forester, AT tyres, Bash plate.
Suspension lift.

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:20 pm

subaruby wrote:Awesome work, well done.

Like to hear more about it, in particular the winch bar.

more pics too!
More pics is easy when i get a sec, Just destroyed a clutch and throw out in Bianca... lol Motor out in a new record 45 mins including facebooking lol
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 pm

steptoe wrote:L Series discs on the front ? Can I ask how ?? Phizinz and subybrumby have both removed L Series front disc, caliper and hubs from MY series due to angle of the dangle problems / \ !
It also running the struts, thus elminates the angle issue :)
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm

45 minutes - SNAP! Done without air tools I hope !

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:28 pm

You kidding - just pop in the struts, hubs, brakes and L CV shafts is what you have done and got happy front end with L Series front brakes ??

I think that is what you have said - the holes to fit the struts up top - special care taken or just centre the top cap and drill away ????

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:39 am

steptoe wrote:You kidding - just pop in the struts, hubs, brakes and L CV shafts is what you have done and got happy front end with L Series front brakes ??

I think that is what you have said - the holes to fit the struts up top - special care taken or just centre the top cap and drill away ????
Custom made lift kit, Strut top part is around 25mm instead of 50mm and converts from 2 hole MY to 3 hole L series and the angle is fine.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:40 am

steptoe wrote:45 minutes - SNAP! Done without air tools I hope !
No Air tools, i do have some nice rachet spanners but :) And use an endless chain for a hoist. :)
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 am

Hey Matt, This might answer alot of the questions you are being asked .

It is the thread of the first build up of the car.

showthread.php?t=14686&page=6
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:18 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Hey Matt, This might answer alot of the questions you are being asked .

It is the thread of the first build up of the car.

showthread.php?t=14686&page=6
Thanks Rick :)
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:03 am

Very nice job Matt. Good to see another MY will live a lot longer :cool:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Restorations and Project Build Ups.”