Brumby build with a difference

Detailed reference pages on Members special projects ...
niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:50 pm

RSR 555 wrote:I would go with option 1 but get approval. My suggestion would be build a large shed with "living quarters" inside :-D
Too expensive :(
RSR 555 wrote:BTW... nice progress, looks good
Thanks Paul :)

Fingers crossed that I can work out what to do about a shed/storage option.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:31 pm

RSR 555 wrote:I would go with option 1 but get approval. My suggestion would be build a large shed with "living quarters" inside :-D
Too expensive :(
RSR 555 wrote:BTW... nice progress, looks good
Thanks Paul :)

Fingers crossed that I can work out what to do about a shed/storage option.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:03 pm

niterida wrote:Too expensive :(
What part would be expensive?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 am

RSR 555 wrote:What part would be expensive?
This bit : "large shed with living quarters" :p

I am resigning myself to the fact that I don't have enough funds or borrowing capacity to do anything except scrap it :cry:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:38 am

Sounds like you had your options list the wrong way round ;)

Not sure what costs of a large shed would be (but this is negligible because you want to build one anyway), so the costs of building a bathroom and an open plan living area wouldn't be too bad. My guess would be less than 10k. Probably just a drop in the grand scheme of things. It would a great place to stay when I come up and help put the brumby together
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:49 pm

Can you call it something else ? Workshop ? Community centre , mens shed ?

A house requires certain minimums. I wonder if you could put a mini house on it?

An uncle once had a few acres on the edge of town and a large brick structure that was for all intents and purposes a workshop and storage facility. I don't think he could build a home on it. Block sold to a person on council who after a rule change - built a home on it

Different times, different states etc

Ken for Kouncillor ya yah yah

Another crappy example I know of was house not allowed even though a farm shed was, so, a house was built inside shed. Few years later another house application was made, stating it was required to allow on site attendance and work 'the farm'. Went to extent to make and demonstrate the equipment to process the nuts (usually left to the possums) and an annual income of 80k was possible. House got go ahead. Possums still well fed. Never saw any nut processing take place and council never checked up.

Must be some way to crack your nut ?

Suby Spanner

Post by Suby Spanner » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:51 pm

Until you get it sorted: Dump a container on there, at least get some storage. The trick is to play their stupid games: If it's not permanent, then it's fair play right?

Had a mate go through something similar: Bought a house with a granny flat. The house was a dump, so they knock the house down. Put plans in for the new one....

No! Can't build a second dwelling larger than the first. They class the granny flat, as the building standing, the primary residence. So any new dwelling must be smaller!!!!!

Talk about pathetic. So they had to 'decommission' the granny flat: Physically, and professionally AKA $$$$$$, remove the water, sewage, power and gas supply. Even down to removing taps and the oven for crying out loud. Then get it audited by a council member.

How stupid are these white shirt idiots /rhetorical.

Best of luck

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:33 pm

RSR 555 wrote: Not sure what costs of a large shed would be (but this is negligible because you want to build one anyway), so the costs of building a bathroom and an open plan living area wouldn't be too bad. My guess would be less than 10k. Probably just a drop in the grand scheme of things. It would a great place to stay when I come up and help put the brumby together
I have a budget of way less than 10k !!

I spoke to my mortgage broker and the council today and my only option within my budget is a small shed (3.5x5) on the lot with the house :(

You could always stay in the spare room - would gladly accept any help building it :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:54 pm

RSR 555 wrote: Not sure what costs of a large shed would be (but this is negligible because you want to build one anyway), so the costs of building a bathroom and an open plan living area wouldn't be too bad. My guess would be less than 10k. Probably just a drop in the grand scheme of things. It would a great place to stay when I come up and help put the brumby together
I have a budget of way less than 10k !!

I spoke to my mortgage broker and the council today and my only option within my budget is a small shed (3.5x5) on the lot with the house :(

You could always stay in the spare room - would gladly accept any help building it :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Well I couldn't find a way around my shed dilemna - damn council regulations !!!

So I had no choice but to sell it - I almost cried as it was loaded on to the trailer :(

But hopefully the new owner will finish it :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Sad days all round.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Restorations and Project Build Ups.”