New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
ar81

newby's plead for help!

Post by ar81 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 pm

hi im the new kid on the block im 26yo married for 7 years with 2 kids i own a ke laser tx3 4wd turbo which ive owned for 8 years i enjoyed working on it and turning it into the little rocket it is today.im selling it now and am intrested in turning my rs into a machine by putting a MY99 wrx engine in,ive already done the engine conversion (THANX TO A REALY GOOD MATE OF MINE SEAN) now im stuck with the wiring of the ecu's.ive been to the ends of the earth to purchase wiring diagrams nobody has them and subaru dont supply us with em.the electrician is on standby(MY BROTHER)but no diagrams!!!!!!! in other words i need help.i hope to get the rs on the road soon because im anxious to unleash the beast.Cheers.:twisted:

riksta

Post by riksta » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Welcome to the forum, put some pics of the car on here and that will get them all talking and that will get you the help you wont, I dont know the things you wont to know, but I know there are ones out there that do.
Good luck with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

sixtyniners

Post by sixtyniners » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:13 pm

hello peoples,
just a message to say hi im a new member and i have got lots of questions for the experts. my wife and i are selling our 2 vy commodores and want to buy a family car as our kids r getting older and we dont need 2 cars. i wanted the newest wrx sti but my wife wants more of a wagon. we have come to a final car thats suits us both. forester with all the mods. i get the sports car and she the wagon. we want maybe a 2006-2008 turbo xt forester and i will need lots of imformation on how ,who and where to go for the best stuff.
thanx
ted and annita

LEALAROO

Hello

Post by LEALAROO » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Hello to all.
As you can see by my signature i have something to do with the SUBIE BOYS. As a woman i, thought i would sign up to add strength to the womans point of view.
Hello to all again.

Lea

Subie Boys's
Roscoruby's

Better Half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

99_FGT

Post by 99_FGT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:20 am

Hey all, 99_FGT, aka Al here.
Bought a Foz GT and got hooked about 4 years ago, but had to sell it 6 months ago. Now I'm looking at getting back into Subie's, but in the form of a brumby. Plans are to buy a neat bodied one, and I'd really like to put an EJ25 in it, but it sounds like the EJ20 and 5 speed would be a better option (having read the EJ into MY conversions thread;)). No turbo this time...
We'll have to wait and see what the finance minister allows though.
Al..

Oh, and any of you who frequent GTRydaz may recognise the name...

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:21 am

sixtyniners wrote:hello peoples,
just a message to say hi im a new member and i have got lots of questions for the experts. my wife and i are selling our 2 vy commodores and want to buy a family car as our kids r getting older and we dont need 2 cars. i wanted the newest wrx sti but my wife wants more of a wagon. we have come to a final car thats suits us both. forester with all the mods. i get the sports car and she the wagon. we want maybe a 2006-2008 turbo xt forester and i will need lots of imformation on how ,who and where to go for the best stuff.
thanx
ted and annita
Is this going to be a cruiser or an offfroad beast? There is members of the subaru 4WD cluc of QLD in your area if you like to go for a drive,Including me shortly.
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Hey, my name is Tom and I'm new to here, I'm in the process of building a WRX Hatch off roader so I'll be looking for a bit of advise & probably a few parts when I finally get around to getting it painted & regoed, been around the other Subi forums for years & love them (cars that is).

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:43 pm

welcome mate, see ur a wa fella too!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

newby

Post by newby » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:11 pm

hey my names be and im from WA.... i getting a 99 liberty rx sedan very shortly an jus b4 i get it i wantd to no some info on it n what i should do to give it more power.. any suggesions from any of u more experienced people?? let us no if u come up with anything.. thx catch ya

proud_2_be_australian

Post by proud_2_be_australian » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:45 pm

hi im jarryd, im 17 and got given an 84 ea81 by a friend of the family. its pretty rough but i am going to try and have a go at fixing some of the many problems its got.

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:01 pm

BrennyV wrote:welcome mate, see ur a wa fella too!
Thanks mate, why won't my sig work, do they need to approve it or something??:confused:
EDIT, now it works ??????????
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

riksta

Post by riksta » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Glad to see the young ones getting the Subaru Bug, welcome to the forum.
Good luck with doing up your 84(wagon?), lots of us on here started out with one of them and made them better them new, and had lots of fun with them.

good luck and GO HARD.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:14 pm

d_generate wrote:Hey, my name is Tom and I'm new to here, I'm in the process of building a WRX Hatch off roader so I'll be looking for a bit of advise & probably a few parts when I finally get around to getting it painted & regoed, been around the other Subi forums for years & love them (cars that is).
make a thread..........with LOTSA pics in it :D
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

proud_2_be_australian

Post by proud_2_be_australian » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:24 pm

yeah its a wagon. its sick how the seats go into the floor. so chucking a mattress in and going campin

gomezliberty

Post by gomezliberty » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:37 pm

hey guys
im emil, 18 from brisbane just recently got my first car and my first subaru. i have a pic in my profile. I heard joining a forum like this would be handy and i dont know much about subarus so i thought id give it a go.
i dont have any modifications to my car, used to have a 3" exhaust but had to get it removed thanks to those damn young driver restrictions and p plate crap.
well... thats my first post. hope to get heaps of useful advice and hopefully help out anyone anywhere, cheers.

Subaru 89

Post by Subaru 89 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:14 pm

gday fellas, my names mike, i live in tassie and im totally pumped to come accross this forum. I drive an 89 L series wagon and with the plain old ea82 in it. I've just finished giving her a bit of a refresh(gaskets bearings and the likes), and aiming to drop a ej21 in her one day. Atm its nothing special but im getting there....now just for some money:p

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:23 pm

G'day guys,
My name's Rhys, i live in Ballarat in Victoria. I've been flogging my '93 Magna in the Otways:D and have decided to sell it and go for something a little more appropriate for the beaten track. So i bought a '92 L Series which i pick up this Sunday, in anticipation i've been reading through the forums looking for possible mods.

For no particular reason here's the link to the trading post ad for my new car:p
http://www.autotrader.com.au/iteminfo/a ... _Used+Cars_

Will be looking to fit a lift kit, rims, tyres.... the usual ;)

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:30 pm

thats one dam clean looking l mate! ya sure ya want to offroad it? :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:10 pm

dont ask silly questions brenny. of course it should go offroad

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:53 pm

Subaru 89 wrote:gday fellas, my names mike, i live in tassie and im totally pumped to come accross this forum. I drive an 89 L series wagon and with the plain old ea82 in it. I've just finished giving her a bit of a refresh(gaskets bearings and the likes), and aiming to drop a ej21 in her one day. Atm its nothing special but im getting there....now just for some money:p
Hey mate, you North or South?
Nice to see another tassie driver here!

Return to “New Members & Introductions”