New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: New members - Read first post & say G'day

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:40 pm

Interesting Eagerex! I’ll have to look a bit closer the next time I see one. There used to be one living several houses down from my MIL’s but I don’t think they’ve still got it.

And correct, EJ25 is the 2.5 litre. A “sports exhaust” is bit of a vague term. You can go for a cat back exhaust that’s mildly larger in diameter which could (but doesn’t always) allow better flow with less restrictions. It will still make the same noises just a bit louder.

If you want that Subaru burble you need to swap the front exhaust manifold piece, commonly known as the Y pipe for an unequal length (UEL) set. This will rob a bit of power that you won’t notice but the smiles it gives is well worth it.

Do both at the same time and you’ll really know the difference! I don’t know if there’s a kit out there for the Exiga though, so you might have to mix and match. The UEL Y pipes from any NA will fit the engine, the rest of the exhaust meeting the back of the UELs could be a guessing game without looking. Having the whole thing gabbed up at an exhaust shop will be expensive - and I’d want to go to one that knows what they’re doing with Subarus!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Mikki_Skippy

Post by Mikki_Skippy » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:37 pm

G'day

My name is Mihajlo and i arrived from Serbia few weeks ago... I wanna buy impreza or liberty and for that reason i register here because i saw some interesting topics here... For now i have crashed impreza 2010 from my wife and i wanna sell parts from it... So i will post it on that part of the forum pictures of car. Sorry for my bad English :biggrin:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:12 pm

G’day Mihajlo,

Welcome to the forum. You’re English is going well ;)

Shame about the smashed 2010 Impreza, not a good start I’m guessing.

All the best with selling the parts. On the forum they’ll probably move slowly, sadly Facebook has all but killed off forums, they’re very inactive these days but still remain the best source of searchable information.

Feel free to add your knowledge and experiences with your 2010 model as there’s not a great deal of information on the forum about these “newer” models.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Mikki_Skippy

Post by Mikki_Skippy » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:12 pm

Thanks Bennie for you answer! I dont have much experience with Subbies, but i love them, mostly because of the engine ;) Actually i am autoelectrician, in Serbia i did electronics on car, fixing electronic control modules, software solutions such as chiptuning etc... And mechanic too, so i will try to help anyone who need help ;)

Subiwoo

Post by Subiwoo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:50 pm

G'day
My name is Dale and I live in Far East Gippsland, I am hoping to buy myself a 2024 Subaru Forester Sport in 4-5 months time.
I have looked at the Subaru Forester for it appeals to me, I also like the Outback,but I think I have my heart set on the Forester.

I am an ex millworker in the Timber industry, had to retire for health reasons.
I hope to be able to ask some questions about the Forester and get some good advice?

Anyway I am glad to be on the the forum

Cheers
Dale(Subiwoo)

Return to “New Members & Introductions”