New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
KaFoomaN

Post by KaFoomaN » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:36 pm

G'day, Linden Here From Tassie, im new to these forums too, only just picked up my First, a 93/94 L-series DL wagon, bought real cheap a couple weeks ago and am bringing it back to life at school ( Tafe/ automotive)

these Forums have been amazingly Helpful, especially the tracking down of a Service Manual For the Beast :D, Great Cars, ever so reliable even at Old Age.

Cheers
Linden

Mr Paz

Post by Mr Paz » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi, my name is Matt and I've been around subaru's since I can remember.
(the first car i ever rode in was a 1400 gsr ex rally that my mum bought from the wreckers)

I own a few subaru's, and have an absolute HEAP of old MY parts...( so if you ever need anything...)

Anyway, the subaru's I have at the moment are:

1982 MY82 GLF coupe, (bought it the day before i got my licence on ebay for $150 with rego) done 100,000K's in it so far, been a pretty hard 100,000... mostly high rpm through the hills at night, loves it.

1983 MY83 GL sedan, 94,000 K's, auto immaculate interior,farm woman abused (underside has some corrosion due to sitting belly down in mud for a year. and has blown head gasket, water pump and cracked heads (she drove from leongatha to koo wee rup where she was going to get it repaired, WITH NO WATER IN IT!!!) dont know what im going to do with this thing, its pretty damn good considering.

MY00 Gc8 WRX, my "daily" its a great car, but very very bad luck.

L series touring wagon, EA82T converted, inc jdm guards, foglight and squirter front bar, dash and instruments... a nightmare of someone elses wiring, lets hope it never EVER plays up.... (or someone buy it??)
It might be scrap metal with wheels, but its MY scrap metal with wheels and I love her dearly!
(MY82 Leone GLF Coupe)
bent, twisted, rusted out, electrical faults and useless rubber seals, still the only car i got that starts every time i try. no matter the weather, or how long its been sitting. or whatever... unconditional love.

foreverdiesel

Post by foreverdiesel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Hello, my name is Rob. I stumbled on this site via Google. I have a 2006 Impreza which we bought new. It is our first Subaru, though I nearly bought a 1980 Leone in 1985 and a 1989 DL Touring Wagon back in 1994. Better late than never I guess.

My wife uses it as the daily driver. Our other car is a 1989 GQ Patrol TD42.

I have enjoyed looking at this site, & will hopefully provide input for others also.

Regards,
Rob

B00sting

Post by B00sting » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:37 am

G'day all,

I own a 92 brumby. Just put some maxxis 185/65/102r mud tyres/al terrains on it. Going to lift it next. Will createa build thread at some point.

Goal this year is to drive up to cape york.

Donkeytits1

Post by Donkeytits1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Hey there ausubaru

I'm new and only recently found your site while I was looking to see if the low range in a Gen 1 lib can be improved.

And so it can! If I can find the parts and money for the parts on a shoe string uni bum budget I'll seriously be considering doing an EA conversion.

I'm pretty new to Subarus. Dads always owned the liberty and I recently did alot of work on an old bomb of an EA81 to get it ready as a uni car (now for sale in the classifieds).
Found it bliss to work on and since then dads given me the old lib so Ive kinda been thrust into the world of old subarus. Pretty glad cause they are definatly the car for me.

So far in the last year Ive taken the lib from Canberra to Ularu and back via the Oodnadatta track in the mud (while it was still dads ;), 4,000 km road trip to Tassie, countless trips to Wollongong and back and a few off roading adventures in the Brindabella mountains (Canberra boys will no doubt know about that place).

Love it. I find its supprisingly capable off road especially with the EPS (while its still going). It drives really well on road too, its the perfect package for me.

Ive worked out how to add a nifty (I think!) Ipod AUX input into the stock 1 1/2 DIN stereo (and kept the CD player fully functional!)
I'll write something up about that so some of you can try it.

So, its awsome to find a sweet forum like this! Hopefully I can get envolved a bit when I have time to post and that some of you might like to come driving with me!

Cheers, Andy

wazo_1616

Post by wazo_1616 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Hey guys I'm a new owner of a 88 brumby ute :) got it today and I love it, i live in roxby downs SA and i also own a 88 r31 skyline that's getting built at the moment, basically the plans with the brumby are a bit of a tidy up and get it running a1

__BIG__RICH__

Post by __BIG__RICH__ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:43 pm

wassup everyone!! my name is Rechard Oozeer. im 19, and live in brisbane.. its my first time on this forum and all i can say is that everyone has been absolutely amazing with helping me about my first car... please feel free to reply to it, its titled '1999 subaru impreza for my first car' any input u guys have would be muchly appreciated... thank you. and hope to see u guys soon

Smootuftus

Post by Smootuftus » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi all,

Just stumbled across your site while I'm winding down my time before my new XV arrives. First time Subaru owner, and looking forward to our downsize from a 1999 CRV...wife and I looking for something a bit smaller with still a bit of ground clearance. She loved it from the start so hope it lives up to the good things I've heard about Soobys!

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:28 am

Smootuftus wrote:Hi all,

Just stumbled across your site while I'm winding down my time before my new XV arrives. First time Subaru owner, and looking forward to our downsize from a 1999 CRV...wife and I looking for something a bit smaller with still a bit of ground clearance. She loved it from the start so hope it lives up to the good things I've heard about Soobys!
Hi and Welcome Smootuftus :cool:

I'd call it Upgrading :D Hope you get to have fun it the XV.. they look a very nice car.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

dr.gonzo

Post by dr.gonzo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi there,

My Name is Richo and im from Adelaide.
I own a MY10 XS Premium Forester that the Wife primarily drives and i have a MY98 GX Forester that i buzz around in. Love my little GX, im about to get raised springs and hub centric spacers for it and some knobblies for my second set of steel wheels.
I work in Spare Parts at a Subaru dealership so if i can lend a hand to anyone im more than willing.
Awesome site btw, lots of good stuff on here & looking forward to learning a whole lot from you all.

cheers.

jamiec

Post by jamiec » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:35 am

Hi all Jamie here i live in Tasmania on the west coast was on the north west before that after moving here from Brisbane about 8 years ago. So now that i will need to drive on icy snowy roads at times over winter i have sold my Kia pregio van and picked up an 87 l wagon for the 4wd to help with the winter driving.

Cheers jamie

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:33 am

Cheers mate thanx for the heads up..
My name's Rod & live in the Hunter Valley i'm 44yrs old,work as a maint fitter in the local O/C coal mines(approx 20yrs).. Just about to start resurrecting my Brumby to re-register the machine & stumbled accross ur site whilst looking up some information.. Thought joining might come in handy for when the time comes to start chasing parts & sharing info..

Jim5.0

Post by Jim5.0 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:13 am

Hello I am Jim and I live with my wife and two kids in the sticks about 30KM from the centre of Canberra.

My wife had a VP Commodore which we bought off my best mate's dad in 2000 so we were only the second owners of it. Unfortunately late in 2010 my wife backed the Commodore into a concrete pillar under our local shopping centre at less than walking pace but hit the wrong spot on the car (right on the rear corner) so the damage was quite extensive.

The insurance company took one look and instantly wrote the car off.

We mentioned this to our neighbour who said that they had just updated from their Liberty to a Forrester and that the Liberty would be up for sale as soon as she had washed and cleaned it.

We made an offer then negotiated a price which I think was top dollar but at least we got a car that was not FWD and the wife didn't have to go car shopping.

What we got was a 1996 Liberty LX AWD wagon 2.2 auto, air, power steer, alloy wheels & a roof rack which had only done 160,000km.

Strangely it did not have cruise control and really strangely no central locking either. So withing a couple of weeks I had set about fitting cruise and C/L as well as an MP3 stereo with additional speakers in the rear doors.

So that's the story so far about our Subaru ownership & my first post on here out of the way.

Thanks for reading this, Jim....

harryjk

need help on deciding which subaru would be better.

Post by harryjk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:14 am

Hi everyone:)
Im new on here and always been a big fan of subaru.:D

At the moment i own a VS statesman,that is a really great car but i have had three holdens and im looking for a change.

Im stuck on what to pick for when i go get a subaru.
Forester GT, WRX impreza or a liberty.(not really fussed on what Gen or if sedan or wagon)

Would prefer a turbo but a non turbo would be ok.
Wondering out of them three would be the better option for fuel,comfort,reliable,and has a bit of kick(even if its non turbo)
and fun to drive.

iangrd

tasie member

Post by iangrd » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:18 am

hi trying my first post for the damm computer number time queenslander living in tassie loving it. have a brumby as a project and one for spare metal and l series wagon for daily driver have read a few treads for info. have a rusted tray in both brumbys does any one have suggestions for replacing tray base with something else that will be functional and look ok cheers ian

Brumby Kid
General Member

Post by Brumby Kid » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 am

Welcome both of you to the forum.
May I suggest making your own threads on these issues.
Oh and plenty of pics to please.

On another note, happy 1000th post to me :)

Cheers Cam
When life gives you a corner, drop a gear, pitch, and stomp the loud pedal
Bianca: 1991 Subaru Brumby
My First / Project car

EA81 Rebuilt by Tony Knight from knight Engines
2" body lift
25" 185r14 Yokahama Delivery Star, light truck tyres
2" Sports exhaust
Rear Aguip step/bar
Liberty seats
"Bianca"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dads Car: 02 Impreza WRX STi
Mums Car 08 Liberty Wagon

Nudge286

Std Liberty muffler wanted

Post by Nudge286 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Hey all,

I have a 99 liberty wagon with one of those cannon thingies but as I am an old fart I want a standard quiet muffler. If any of you young blokes want a cannon exhaust I propose a straight swap. I am on the central coast nsw. It will only cost us both an exhaust gasket (just behind the rear axle).

Regards,
Nudge

M0rpH

Post by M0rpH » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello forum goers, been a lurker for quite a while and decided to start doing a post here and there.

I have a lifted L series running balloons and a stock standard motor.
No mods to speak of so far but i have a few things planned.
I lol'd at the above post, i know how you feel mate, all i want is a quiet exhaust as well.

libertylx

I'm ash

Post by libertylx » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi I'm ash and I'm about to make people think

dlaloum

Hi from Newb.... Outback 3.0R Premium

Post by dlaloum » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Folks,

Just picked up my brand new old 2005 Outback 3.0R Premium (MY06) - in lovely silver with Tan leather....

So I thought I would start out by saying Hi :D

Car is running very sweetly (65K on the ODO).

My one beef with it is the tyres...

Silverstone Atlantis V7 on the front, Dunlop SP300 on the back, and an original (possibly never used!) Geolandar G900 as a spare.

I would like to put a matched set all around on the car, and am looking for advice... (I will repost this bit as a seperate thread I think too...)

1) How do I get rid of 5 perfectly good (very low mileage) tyres? (is there any way to trade them in?, anyone want some of these?)
2) What are the best tyres to get for someone where 95% of use will be sealed road, 4% unsealed, and occasional very very minor off road
3) My focus is wet braking / handling, comfort, and noise - not so much "high performance" oriented. (in the past on other cars, have loved Michelin MXV3's, more recently Michelin Primacy3's)

Thank you all

bye for now

David

Return to “New Members & Introductions”