New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
flat_four

Post by flat_four » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks mate, I will check them out when I'm down that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Jollys You Pull It have an online register of all the cars in stock, incl parts that have been removed (not always accurate though)

Jolly's U Pull It - Dandenong Stock
Jolly's U Pull It - Ringwood Stock
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Alpinebarry

Hello outback bloke and all others on site

Post by Alpinebarry » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:49 am

My name is barry and I have just started a build of an endeavour rally car here in Toowoomba qld. The old ea82 is out with A sweet ej22 MPFI going in son. I have been reading as much as I can on the conversion but think I'm going to need some real help. I had been texting paul from WA but he is extremely busy and really not available until the 04/12 I believe . Anyway hope fully it can ask for some professional advice for you guys. Hope you can help. I have just finished my cutting the bones of my adaptor plate but about to go to workshop to locate the holes I need. Then it's a lazer cut job for someone. Do you think I'm on the right track. Cheers Barry.

Alpinebarry

Test first timer

Post by Alpinebarry » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi guys can you tell me if this post works . I am have I heap of trouble seeing where I'm at with this site?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Alpinebarry wrote:Hi guys can you tell me if this post works . I am have I heap of trouble seeing where I'm at with this site?
You're all good mate. We were experiencing some glitches late last week for some reason. They seem to have cleared up at the moment - hopefully it stays that way...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Alpinebarry wrote:My name is barry and I have just started a build of an endeavour rally car here in Toowoomba qld. The old ea82 is out with A sweet ej22 MPFI going in son. I have been reading as much as I can on the conversion but think I'm going to need some real help. I had been texting paul from WA but he is extremely busy and really not available until the 04/12 I believe . Anyway hope fully it can ask for some professional advice for you guys. Hope you can help. I have just finished my cutting the bones of my adaptor plate but about to go to workshop to locate the holes I need. Then it's a lazer cut job for someone. Do you think I'm on the right track. Cheers Barry.
Hello again Barry and welcome to AUSubaru. I'm back in town and can help out anytime you need. Cheers Paul
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

77Soob

Post by 77Soob » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Howdy from Melbourne! I've grown up with Subies in my family for as long as I can remember, and my current daily is a Forrester XT. I recently bought a 1977 1600 Wagon and it's a little gem! Currently fixing up a few things for roadworthy, but looking forward to doing some rest work to get him more original.

Just from a quick browse of this forum I can see this is the place to be for Subie fans, glad I found it! Looking forward to chatting with you all and seeing your pics and tips.

JP147

Post by JP147 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:41 pm

77Soob wrote:Howdy from Melbourne! I've grown up with Subies in my family for as long as I can remember, and my current daily is a Forrester XT. I recently bought a 1977 1600 Wagon and it's a little gem! Currently fixing up a few things for roadworthy, but looking forward to doing some rest work to get him more original.

Just from a quick browse of this forum I can see this is the place to be for Subie fans, glad I found it! Looking forward to chatting with you all and seeing your pics and tips.

Love it, please make a picture thread of it

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:44 pm

That does look a gem 77Soob!!
I look forward to seeing more pics too :-)

77Soob

Post by 77Soob » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks guys! Got an album of it here and will add one to the Restorations section when I get going.

http://www.ausubaru.com.au/album.php?albumid=262
1977 Subaru 1600 DL Wagon, 2006 Forrester XT

mattw

Post by mattw » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Very nice 77. And welcome 😊 Can't wait to see some more on it.

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:25 pm

That's a cool old soobie, good luck with rwc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wife, 'Oh that's nice, it can be our sons first car'
Me, 'Yes I will make it strong and safe' ...and fast, but there is no way a 17 year old is going to drive it.:lol:

RubysueEA82

Post by RubysueEA82 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Finally found an avatar photo to post... you sort of get the idea.

The moral of the story is bullets are dangerous kids.

Even if your bullets are rolling on the floor, you should never take your eyes off the road.

No matter how yummy the licorice is or how nice the chocolate coating tastes, bullets aren't worth crashing the car.

Personally I can't stand the taste of them, guess I'm safe, but I picked up the wreck today and there's bullets everywhere inside it....

coxy

Post by coxy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:04 pm

That is one sweet 77 Wagon, always remembered my Neighbours one and doing a clutch for him, Only Engine I have ever lifted out unaided by myself to do a clutch those early engines are so light.

Definately get rid of the black and bring back the 70's Chrome look such a desireable and relatively rare car these days yet still so practical.

gary2009

Re: New members - Read first post & say G'day

Post by gary2009 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:36 am

Gday I've just joined and wish to introduce my self my name is gary.

gary2009

Post by gary2009 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:45 am

can anyone help me ive been working on cars for 45 year but not up to date with CPU's on cars I have a 2009 Subaru Impreza EJ20 none turbo brock the timing belt tensioner on it repaired that with new timing belt kit. I also bent 2 inlet valves so did a rebuild on both heads. my question is I have spark and fuel and timing makes line up. would sticky valve buckets stop the car from starting i also noticed that the right side cams are out 1 tooth could this also be the problem.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:25 pm

G’day Gary and welcome to the forum!

With your no start issue, one tooth out on the timing belt won’t do much for a no start, but it might lag on peak performance. It is best to fix the issue.

Have you got the cam and crank sensors connected? Without either of these the engine will never start. Also check your ground wires on the engine, you might have missed one on the inlet manifold bolt.

My other thought is your valve lash is too tight, not allowing the valves to close properly and create a full seal.

Lastly, ensure you haven’t lined up the cam belt using the arrow on the cam wheel. That arrow is to indicate which cylinder is at TDC. What you need to line up is a small tab/line on the outer edge of the cam wheel. The arrow (from memory) should be pointing at about 1:30 on the LHS cam when this tab is correctly aligned.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Bennie

gary2009

Post by gary2009 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:26 pm

thanks bennie update checked the injectors one is not firing also did compression test number 1-110psi , 2-95psi , 3-95psi and number -4 is 65psi number 4 and 3 had trouble with the valve caps they were tight this is why I think its them not fully returning and the valve is staying open on the inlets. I did a leak test before installing the heads and there were no leaks the head Gaskets are mad from steel and don't have sealant on them do I need to put sealant on the gaskets or are they right the way they are. if I remove them can I reuse them as the motor has'nt been run yet.

gary2009

Post by gary2009 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:36 pm

all sensors and grounds are connected I spent a weekend testing all connections put my scan tool on it and it can out fine.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:39 pm

No sealant on the HGs

Just make sure EVERYTHING is uber clean as you install HGs.

You shouldn’t need to pull the heads to sort out valves unless there’s a bigger issue than just rocker/valve lash clearances.

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “New Members & Introductions”