Key programming

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Ivoros

Key programming

Post by Ivoros » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:22 pm

Hi all, just new to the forum and I hope someone can help with my query. I have purchased a 2010 Tribeca which only had one key when I bought it and not the original. The key will start the vehicle and lock/ unlock the door manually. I had a locksmith out to look at the vehicle to cut and program some new keys. The locksmith informed me that I required a code to reprogram the keys for the keyless entry. I rang my local Subaru dealer who supplied me with two codes one immobiliser code 5 digits and another secondary teaching code 4 digits. When the locksmith returned he plugged his machine into the vehicle and it is saying an 8 digit code is required. I have also checked the internet which said the 8 digit code is inside the original key fob which I don’t have. Anyone here know where I can get the 8 digit code required.

Thanks Ivor

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Key programming

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:38 am

G’day Ivor,

Did you try asking the dealership again?

Are there any codes written in the owner’s manual? Sometimes important codes like these are witten in the manual by the dealer upon sale of the vehicle. It could’ve a long shot these days but worth looking into ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “New Members & Introductions”