Sf Forester GT lift

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Steveyd

Sf Forester GT lift

Post by Steveyd » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:35 am

Hi all,
Newbie here, have just picked up a 2001 1 owner SF Forester GT with 105000 genuine klms & love it. Wanting to lift it as going to 215/55 17's or 225/55 17's if no rubbing/clearance issues, have 2012 forester alloys, just wondering whats best/works, whats needed, either new or 2nd hand.
Cheers,Steve

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Sf Forester GT lift

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:01 am

G’day Steve,

The forester GT had a lowered stance compared to the stock SF of the day.

I’m 99% sure this was achieved with struts that were shorter, and I’m 99% sure the GT has all the same lift in it as the stock SF.

So two things, one to look into/gain more knowledge from someone that knows more than I do on this: what struts to use, if these need to be upgrade or if your springs just need replacing for the extra height.

Contact Matt at Subi Lift Oz for some 2 inch strut tops. This is the current standard method for lift. Don’t be tempted to get lifted springs AND strut top blocks, you’ll lose all your suspension droop and this can have detrimental effects on handling. But new standard HD springs would be a good addition to help freshen up the suspension.

Is your GT auto or manual? Auto would be idea for offroad. Manual will struggle without modifying it to have a dual range gearbox - another possibility that’s been done in these and the odd WRX too.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “New Members & Introductions”