Gday from carindale Brisbane

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Sunnyjim

Gday from carindale Brisbane

Post by Sunnyjim » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:24 am

Gday
This is Paul from brizzy.
My first subie was in 82. A Leone wagon , what a surf beast it was.

I got into vw kombis 15 years back but somehow Subie got me again as I have put EJs into these vans. Full circle.
Just helped my son put a ej22 into his 97 liberty wagon.

I will learn how to add a piccy soon

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Gday from carindale Brisbane

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:34 pm

G’day Paul,

Welcome to the forum! I like your full circle effort there. Did you DIY the engine loom cut down for the Kombi or did you convert the engine to carb with dizzy operation?

You didn’t mention what you’re rolling in now - Subaru or VW with Subaru conversion? You’ve got me curious!

For pics you’ll need a third party hosting site like imagur (I think that’s their name). Then use the code for the image in here with [img] image address without spaces [/img*] remove the * for the code to work and display the image.

Looking forward to seeing some pics ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Sunnyjim

Re: Gday from carindale Brisbane

Post by Sunnyjim » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:19 pm

Gday Bennie

I have too many cars ( according to the director of home affairs)

71 vw kombi with 1st gen ej22 in it
76 vw kombi with 98 outback ej25dohc in it
89 t3 vw kombi with 2000 outback ej25sohc in it
20008 pajero with dpf issues
Wife's 2006 pt cruzer

I drive around in the 89 t3 pop top camper, love that ej25 in it.
My son's 71 vw ej22 goes nice too but it is in the garage getting rust cut out. So he bought a 97 liberty to drive around whilst working on the kombi.

Major setback, he shredded a timing belt at 100km on the highway, bent valves, so we bought a low km ej22 from the wreckers and had fun putting that in. As it turns out it is a real nice motor.

Yes I used Google and u tube to learn how to strip the subie wiring loom to Make it run in the 89 kombi. Very satisfying project. This 2000 outback ej25sohc is very lively to drive but it has a head gasket issue that rears its ugly head after 2 hours of highway driving. No worries I have another ej25sohc ready to go in.

Future projects? As I have a few ej22 and ej25 spares I love to put together a Frankenferter.

Or get hold of a Outback H6

Return to “New Members & Introductions”