Hi from ADL - 92 Brumby GL

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Christosd

Hi from ADL - 92 Brumby GL

Post by Christosd » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:16 am

Hi all. I just dragged a 92 Brumby to ADL from 800km away and on the whole is a good little ute with no door or tray rust, but just a fair bit of underfloor surface rust I'll treat soon.
Since arriving a couple of weeks ago, I have;
Lightened the interior by 20kg of Dust and Sand from everywhere.... Mostly under the seats and inside dash. It was crusty and glued in to every crevice.
Removed a Hanky jammed in the Fan Blower
Fixed oil pump and pressure switch oil gushing leak (prev owner swears it didn't leak oil ha ha).
Repaired fan blower resistor (all speeds work now!)
Adjusted idle mixture (anti tamper plug was still in the idle mixture screw!)
Next I'll tighten up gearshift z bolt and whatever annoys me next :)
I've got this really weird cold start exhaust smoke that is very light blue and thick. Bit disappears as soon as warmed up. I haven't lost a drop of coolant and the plugs don't seem oily. Oil is clean as a whistle. Also. I could run high vacuum on down hill no throttle for 3 km and I don't get smoke when I jump on the throttle again. I thought that exhaust valve guides would allow oil to get sucked into cylinders if it was valve seals/guides. I'll start another thread if I can't find what's up.
Thanks for reading.

Christosd

Re: Hi from ADL - 92 Brumby GL

Post by Christosd » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:20 am

I thought a photo is probably a good idea too.l but I don't think I can yet. All good.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 pm

Welcome Chris!

Sounds like you’ve scored yourself an awesome little brumby. I love road trips to collect vehicles but yours takes the cake compared to my efforts!

As for pics, you’ll need to use a third party hosting site. I personally use imageshack and I’ve recently heard of others having good success with imgur or the like. After you’ve uploaded your pics drop the code in your thread and it should appear once previewed or posted. Hopefully that helps you out as we all love pics!

After you’ve fixed those things you might find you need some create comforts - like cruise control ;) ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:00 am

El_Freddo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 pm
As for pics, you’ll need to use a third party hosting site. I personally use imageshack and I’ve recently heard of others having good success with imgur or the like. After you’ve uploaded your pics drop the code in your thread and it should appear once previewed or posted. Hopefully that helps you out as we all love pics!
After you’ve fixed those things you might find you need some create comforts - like cruise control ;) ;)
Cheers
Bennie
I use Imgur for my pictures (if & when I post any :oops: ), you can create a FREE account and upload as many pictures you like. The only exception is that the maximum number of picture allowed from the same ip address is 50 per hour.
Read about the file types - maximum size and the limits here:

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/article ... -I-upload-

Happy posting! :mrgreen:

symo42

Post by symo42 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:53 pm

Him ADL

I've just bought a 2000 Forester and will be looking for advice on whereto buy hard to get parts like two button remotes.
which according to t5he local dealers are not available and would cost about $250 to supply and code in.

westernbill

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:01 am

G’day Simo,

It seems the part you’re chasing isn’t available anymore. The part number I found (admittedly for a 2000 Liberty but I’d imagine it’s the same unit) is 88036AE010.

We recently got an SG series2 in our family. The local locksmith sorted us out with a new aftermarket flick key and transponder unit, I believe they programmed it to the vehicle because it works mint. Was much cheaper than an original unit if it were available. This could be the solution to your “quest”.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “New Members & Introductions”