G'day again.

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Sundiesel

G'day again.

Post by Sundiesel » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:58 am

Hi,
A few days ago I introduced myself here as a new member.
Not a single "welcome" message from anybody.
I now realise that not only is this forum very quiet....its virtually dead. Its sort of a ghost forum.
Just in case there is somebody there, I'll log off now and I wont bother you folk again.
Cheers,
Rob
Last edited by Sundiesel on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it". HENRY FORD

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: See ya

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:27 am

Hello Rob,

First thought is “geez, bit extreme”. Did you not get my straight to the point welcome PM? Yes it’s a bit abrupt about spamming etc, we had huge issues with spamming and since sending out those PMs after activating new member we have have experienced very few spammers - and we just delete them straight up without question.

I’m usually on the forum daily to check in, but this week I was busy and didn’t have the same time to put in replies to new threads.

You will find MANY forums are ghost towns - namely thanks to the zukkerberg fan bois. Before groups took off there, places like this one were full on busy!

This is a free to use forum. Replies are typically not within 5 minutes, sometimes 5 days or more! Patience is ultimately the cost of wanting information. You’re more than welcome to return to using the forum if you wish, as that will remain your choice.

All the best with whatever you decide to do ;)

Regards

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Sundiesel

Re: G'day again.

Post by Sundiesel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:21 pm

Hello Bennie,
Thanks for your answer to my earlier post and extending the invitation to my impatient self. My apologies for chucking out the bathwater while it was still warm. I'll learn from that. :oops:

2nd go.......
The reason I joined here was because I've just bought a brand new Impreza. It's a MY21 2.0i-S. I should be taking delivery in a couple of days from now.
This is my first Subaru and at my stage of life, it will most likely be my last new car purchase.
I look forward to learning lots from you folk and you never know, someday I might just be able to contribute something too.
Cheers,
Rob
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it". HENRY FORD

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:23 pm

That’s quite a new Subaru Rob! I would say you have the newest Subaru on the forum!

We might not be able to teach you much about your new Impreza, so I dare say you’ll teach us something.

Did you go for the CVT box or a manual?

Cheers

Bennie

Sundiesel

Post by Sundiesel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:21 pm

Well, these are the "ALL NEW" Subaru forums after all. ;)
All new 5th Gen Impreza's, except the WRX, are CVT with no manuals offered.
Cheers,

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 am

Sundiesel wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:21 pm
Well, these are the "ALL NEW" Subaru forums after all. ;)
All new 5th Gen Impreza's, except the WRX, are CVT with no manuals offered.
Cheers,
What?! They’re basically push bikes - only got two pedals! I guess that’s the way they’re all going these days. The next decade in the automotive market will be interesting for sure.

I’m hoping that hydrogen technology can be retro fitted to our current fleet of vehicles to keep them going in the anticipated modern world of vehicle propulsion.

Cheers

Bennie

Sundiesel

Post by Sundiesel » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:53 am

These days the vast majority of Subaru's offered new, are CVT's. Its only the WRX and the BRZ that have manuals.
There is one consolation for drivers who want to "drive" and that is there is an "S" mode on all of them, where you can use paddle shifters as a manual and the gearbox will hold the pre-determined ratio.
But even though I was once a boy racer, I think the CVT in "I" (auto) mode will suit me just fine.
I take delivery this arvo. WooHoo.
I like your thoughts on Hydrogen....they echo mine.
Cheers,
Rob

Return to “New Members & Introductions”