First time Subaru owner

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Auskip17

First time Subaru owner

Post by Auskip17 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:58 am

Based in SA, I recently got myself an 09 Impreza gh7 rx, I know, non turbo meh but I like it, fun to cruise and comfortable too, I am looking to fix some things on it and then maybe upgrade others all I have done so far is replace the factory head unit with a Sony Dsx-b700 which is going really well, I thought I would need to upgrade the factory speakers but I don't think so after just changing the head unit it's all i'll ever need. I have some sun damage to my rear spoiler and a nasty dent to my rhs rocker panel, I was thinking I could just get a new spoiler since I prefer the bigger one and some side skirt's to cover the damage and go with the new spoiler. I cant find much on these for my model but eventually I'd be keen to do it and get them painted at the same time. I'm sure you will see me around and I'm always open for a chat, thanks for having me :biggrin:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: First time Subaru owner

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:40 am

Welcome Skip!

I’m sure a WRX of the same era will be bolt on mods. I can’t remember when the WRX parted from the Impreza base platform - if they actually did that - I remember reading something about it.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Auskip17

Re: First time Subaru owner

Post by Auskip17 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:46 am

Some parts seem to add to the wrx bodykit where others would be suited to fit an impreza that doesn't have it

Return to “New Members & Introductions”