Hi from Tasmania

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
brumby_boy

Hi from Tasmania

Post by brumby_boy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:03 am

Hi all. Found this forum purely by chance. Was looking for an answer to a problem and came by here. Have had quite a few Subaru's and work them quite hard on by property. Now have three for parts and still running two.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 am

Hi and Welcome brumby boy :)

I hope you found the answer to your problem?

My wife's cousins have a farm down south of WA and they love their little brumbys too. They also have a few and don't want to get ride of them because they work so well on the farm, especially when they need to feed the cows after the rains.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:42 pm

G'day Brumby Boy, welcome to the forum.

We love pics around here. Load up the pics and you'll have some happy members reading and viewing your thread ;)

Have a read around, there's plenty of info on the MYs/Brumbys ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Gday and Welcome.

Good bunch of blokes on this forum, I have made some good friends and have gained so much from the advice I have been given.

Cheers

WayneO.......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brumby_boy

Post by brumby_boy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Thank you for such a warm welcome. I'll have to definitely post up some pics. The access to my property is quite something and two wheel drives were such a pain to bring in supplies and materials until I discovered Subarus. Just love the low low gear on the Brumby. I've been carrying 350-400 kg of 20 foot long timber on roof racks I recently had hobbled together. :shock:

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:39 pm

G'day brumby_boy :mrgreen:

What is it about Brumbys & farms lol ;) Just goes to show how Subaru is missing out on this market, theres so many very satisfied Brumby owners on the land who would love a current Brumby
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

brumby_boy

Post by brumby_boy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:46 am

Too true NachaLuva, It's such an uncomplicated vehicle to work on. The EA 81 engine is brilliant. The EA 82 came with all the other extra problems. Overheating because of the cooling system and thermostat location and undersized radiator core, timing belts and the oil leaks from their seals.
Tasmania has a large fleet of Subarus and it has nothing to do with the two heads. :roll:

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 am

NachaLuva wrote:What is it about Brumbys & farms lol ;) Just goes to show how Subaru is missing out on this market, theres so many very satisfied Brumby owners on the land who would love a current Brumby
Very true.. cousins reckons they wouldn't get rid of them until Subaru bring out something else.
brumby_boy wrote:Too true NachaLuva, It's such an uncomplicated vehicle to work on. The EA 81 engine is brilliant. The EA 82 came with all the other extra problems. Overheating because of the cooling system and thermostat location and undersized radiator core, timing belts and the oil leaks from their seals.
I agree the EA81 is perfectly designed and almost as reliable as the EA71. The EA82 did have lots of issues but their thermostat location is the same as the EA81.
brumby_boy wrote:Tasmania has a large fleet of Subarus and it has nothing to do with the two heads. :roll:
Ah..ha.. there's the connection :D
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

brumby_boy

Post by brumby_boy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:28 am

RSR 555 wrote: I agree the EA81 is perfectly designed and almost as reliable as the EA71. The EA82 did have lots of issues but their thermostat location is the same as the EA81.
I guess the temperature gauge position is a bit of dud. Being half way down the water is cooler somewhat and really does not give a true indication. Water has also been lost before the engine is about to boil and blow a gasket or crack that head as a result. :cry: The best place I feel should be at the highest position. Though I have learnt the hard way that any abnormal increase in temperature should necessitate at least a good examination of the radiator ,not an extra fan that a previous owner had added on one of my L series I bought some years ago. :mad:

Return to “New Members & Introductions”