Another Hi from Perth

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Sykes

Another Hi from Perth

Post by Sykes » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Hello all

Some of you might already have met me attached to the hip of a strange South African. Well he has decided the beer is better (cheaper?) on the east coast and has left me without a ride.

So after falling in love with Paul's Brumby I have just bought myself a MY07 XS Forester. Yes I know it is not a brumby but there was much grumbling about fitting a family into one and after spending a few days sleeping with the dog for suggesting they could all fit in the back so I wouldn't have to hear the afore mentioned grumbling, I bought the Forester.

Now I know some of you are going to suggest just waiting a while and then try to slip a Brumby into the carport unnoticed but I know your game. Next will come "you should try modding this" or "you need a lift kit" and before I know it the dog refuses to sleep with my snoring anymore. I have a divorce framed on the wall and a lawn full of half working Subi's.

Shame on you for suggesting such a thing.

Ahh, this is the part some one tells me I am rambling and to shut up, so I will just leave you with another hello and shall go and find the thread about a trip oop north.

Nigel

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:33 am

Hi and Welcome to AUSubaru Nigel :cool:

Glad you could join us and really happy that you brought something that will be good for the family too. I know the Brumby is an awesome car for what they are but very hard to take the missus and the dog out.

Also great to hear you can join us on the trip to S-Bend CP, shame the crazy SA won't be coming along but we'll send him pics (lots of them !! hehe) so he'll think he was there with us... bwahahahaha
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Post by 60766244 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 am

Welcome, and after owning both Brumby and Forester I can say the forester is much more practical all round. Have a ball!
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 am

G'day Nigel, welcome to AUSubaru :mrgreen:

I'm sure you'll love your Foz;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:01 am

Welcome to the forum :D
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

Sykes

Post by Sykes » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks everyone. The introduction was a bit tongue in cheek.

I use the foz to do deliveries and find it a great all round car. I've done a little over 9000kms since the first of september and find it an easy car to use. In fact I had an old small Honda Civic and find this easier to park.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Sykes wrote:Thanks everyone. The introduction was a bit tongue in cheek.

Really?? would never have noticed :p
Sykes wrote:I use the foz to do deliveries and find it a great all round car. I've done a little over 9000kms since the first of september and find it an easy car to use. In fact I had an old small Honda Civic and find this easier to park.
I'm glad to hear the Foz is everything you needed. I knew you'd love it and will be awesome to see you out and about with it. I can't wait to show that foreigner what fun we are having without him :mrgreen:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Eatu4t

Post by Eatu4t » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Welcome =D

Return to “New Members & Introductions”